Christopher Nolan's action triller about the WWII story commonly known as The Miracle at Dunkirk. July 21, 2017.

Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

AhmadAli95 wrote:Except it isn't.

It's not a camera crane?
Not sure... Really looks like a camera crane to me in the last shot lol
Definitely not a camera crane. That would be a hella tall camera crane. Plus, I don't think a crane was used at all in that sequence so it doesn't make sense that it would be there. And it's really hard to miss.
Just looks like a normal crane or some shit to me.
That doesn't look like a camera crane.
A Japanese article about Dunkirk (I wonder if the 12 means they covered 12 people since each one is numbered. I have only found these two pages):

This article starts out talking about Nolan's Dunkirk.

The Ringer: Gary Oldman’s Big Performance As Winston Churchill Carries ‘Darkest Hour’
It is a technically astonishing portrayal that is well worth the Oscar buzz. Joe Wright’s film, on the other hand, doesn’t quite measure up

https://www.theringer.com/movies/2017/1 ... -churchill

Excerpt:
“I can’t bear it,” says Harry Styles in the final moments of Christopher Nolan’s Dunkirk. The soldier Styles plays, Alex, is one of the more than 300,000 Allied soldiers we’ve just seen get rescued by an unlikely citizens’ fleet of merchant marines, yachts, and pleasure craft—rescuers who, on Winston Churchill’s orders, sailed across the English Channel to save these men from the gruesome deaths promised by Hitler’s fast-approaching army. Now, safely returned home, these men face a new enemy: the prideless sting of defeat. The story of Dunkirk, they worry, is less a matter of what they did (survive) than of what they didn’t do (fight). “They’ll be spitting at us in the streets,” Alex says to a fellow soldier, speaking of home.

Enter Churchill. On June 4, 1940, once it was clear that the evacuation of Dunkirk had succeeded far beyond expectations, the British prime minister performed a speech now known as “We Shall Fight on the Beaches.” By the final moments of Dunkirk, it has already been printed in local newspapers, such that the exhausted soldiers get their hands on a copy. “We shall defend our Island,” a soldier reads, “whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills.” We shall, we shall, we shall. In the face of what for many must have felt like the euphoria of victory, Churchill was already looking ahead to the devastation that awaited. This is not a victory speech. It is a deceptively rousing injunction and a promise: Prepare yourselves. We will have to fight.
GQ: Movies
Dunkirk’s Jack Lowden and Barry Keoghan Would Make a Great Buddy Comedy
The breakout stars of Dunkirk discuss World War II and forming a boy band.

https://www.gq.com/story/dunkirk-jack-l ... -interview

Intro:
No part of Dunkirk—Christopher Nolan’s thundering World War II epic on the evacuation of more than a quarter-million Allied soldiers from the beaches of France—looked pleasant to be a part of, really. The tight quarters, the long hours at sea, the near constant swimming through oil-slicked waters in thick rubber boots and full mid-century military dress…

But talk to Dunkirk co-stars Jack Lowden (who plays an RAF pilot) and Barry Keoghan (who plays a sweater-vest-wearing mariner with a headache—and is also drawing rave reviews for his performance alongside Colin Farrell and Nicole Kidman in The Killing of a Sacred Deer) and you’d think it was a comedy. Or, at least, when you talk to them outside of a cramped, smelly boat…someplace like a GQ photo shoot, say. We sat down with two of 2017’s most fun breakout stars to talk Harry Styles, proper wartime attire, and their decidedly, um, ambitious plans for life after Hollywood.

Note: This interview contains mild spoilers. At this point, though, if you haven’t seen the movie, what the hell is wrong with you?
← Previous page Next page →
← Return to Dunkirk