Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Pratham wrote:
LOVE IS IN THE AIR
Nope
At least, with this title it's clear why Nolan always went to walk to breathe some air, when he was writing the script.

No Chris Nolan film would ever be titled LOVE IS IN THE AIR. Not to mention those script bits sound terrible.

ChristNolan wrote:No Chris Nolan film would ever be titled LOVE IS IN THE AIR. Not to mention those script bits sound terrible.
dis is true

ChristNolan wrote:No Chris Nolan film would ever be titled LOVE IS IN THE AIR. Not to mention those script bits sound terrible.

That is so obviously a joke.

That cunt shouldn't have tweeted that "coherent draft" crap, now the bullshit begins.

lul

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:lul
ideed

i'd still take a hughes biopic though

True.

By the end of that script post it gets pretty clear it's a joke.....

Anyway, how confident are we that it will be smaller scale? Nolan has said he doesn't make big movies just for the sake of it, but rather he makes them cuz they are the stories and characters that he likes. With that said he DID say he doesn't know if he'll have the opportunity to make movies this big later in his career. So maybe he wants to keep going with these big budget movies as long as he can?

The point about the prestige is good though. Only 1 1/2 years between releases. Could be a good thing for him between big movies. Also: The Prestige is my favorite movie.