Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Location: You'll find me in the region of the summer stars✶*¨*✫
titansupes wrote:Now that scene sounds damn compelling.
It does! I'm excited to see if he pulls it off (if it's even true). I can't wait to see all the newcomers in this film. Nolan really took a risk casting so many new/unknown actors but I think it makes it more exciting!

So do we know when filming will reportedly be done? I remember reading at the beginning of September somewhere...

misho92 wrote:So do we know when filming will reportedly be done? I remember reading at the beginning of September somewhere...
Jack Taggart (head ager/dyer) spoke about 4 weeks of shooting in LA. As they seemed to start on August 8th, it could end on September 2nd.

According to Rancho Palos Verdes' filming permit, the crew will film at Point Vicente until September 2nd.

So we initially thought they would only be filming in studios for these last weeks, but it turns out they have a hell of a lot to film at Point Vicente too. But are they still filming in studios for 4 weeks? Or does that include the filming at Point Vicente?

Location: You'll find me in the region of the summer stars✶*¨*✫
willaartwillem wrote:So we initially thought they would only be filming in studios for these last weeks, but it turns out they have a hell of a lot to film at Point Vicente too. But are they still filming in studios for 4 weeks? Or does that include the filming at Point Vicente?
And what about Universal? Have they started filming there yet?

Filming at the lighthouse location will occur from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM from Tuesday, August 23rd through Friday, August 26th. Only 4 days. The rest of the time was made up of prepping or striking down the production.

Couldn't that location be for some kind of dream sequence, stuff that might happen or some other pretentious bullshit?

Dobson wrote:Couldn't that location be for some kind of dream sequence, stuff that might happen or some other pretentious bullshit?
Nope

Why?