Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
dormouse7 wrote:Seen on twitter:
So Tom Hardy was filming in St James Park for the new WW2 film Dunkirk. Also got Harry Styles in it
Very doubtful as the costume staff left the UK on monday morning.

The tweet was Monday - he could have seen whatever he saw on Sunday. I asked them for more info but no response yet.

dormouse7 wrote:The tweet was Monday - he could have seen whatever he saw on Sunday. I asked them for more info but no response yet.
If Tom Hardy was really filming something in the city center of London, I really doubt only one guy spotted him. In addition, Saint James's Park was very busy last week-end with "Ride London" : https://www.royalparks.org.uk/parks/st- ... d-closures

Too bad. It could have been a good closing scene - the returned soldiers and tents and Churchill's beaches speech broadcast over bullhorn speakers (was read by radio actors evening of July 4, 29140).

Filming seems to continue at Daedalus Airfield (Lee-on-the-Solent, Hampshire, near Portsmouth) as people living around spotted two Spitfires and a Messerschmitt this morning.

I posted 4 photos from Daedalus the last few days. They also have a bunch of RC models at Daedalus Airfield.

I suspect that Tom Hardy had been shooting there while everybody's attention was on Weymouth. Daedalus Airfield was a former military base which features some genuine WW2 hangars. It woud make sense.

YFR3 wrote:I suspect that Tom Hardy had been shooting there while everybody's attention was on Weymouth. Daedalus Airfield was a former military base which features some genuine WW2 hangars. It woud make sense.
Seems that Hardy will be Dr. Mann of this film, the most mystical part in the film.

pashacules wrote:
YFR3 wrote:I suspect that Tom Hardy had been shooting there while everybody's attention was on Weymouth. Daedalus Airfield was a former military base which features some genuine WW2 hangars. It woud make sense.
Seems that Hardy will be Dr. Mann of this film, the most mystical part in the film.
All I know is that he's playing a Spitfire pilot. Jack Lowden too.
Last edited by YFR3 on August 3rd, 2016, 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just wanted to say, that Harry Styles movie account on Twitter has been pretty great and informative.