Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Not me. This is one of those things people look back on after the film is released and realize "that was stupid of me". Just like when McC was cast in Interstellar. There were some on here that thought it was a terrible choice when he was cast.

Nolan is great in casting and his only misfire was probably Katie Holmes. There's plenty of young talent out there, why should we be worried? I'm sure Chris knows what he's doing.

Panapaok wrote:Nolan is great in casting and his only misfire was probably Katie Holmes. There's plenty of young talent out there, why should we be worried? I'm sure Chris knows what he's doing.

Chris definetely knows what he's doing, but this yet-to-be-cast teenagers might not.

Nolan is hungry for that Oscar. The thirst is real.

I love how Nolan casts. A lot of his choices are unconventional, yet, once you see the film, you leave with the thought that only that person could've done the role as well as they did.

EDIT: My only issues with his casting has been with Katie Holmes and smaller roles (Ben Mendelsohn, Topher Grace, among a very small few others).

I think Don kirk have the potential to be a great work, even though I'm still not sure about the teenage aspects.

the_red_ninja wrote:Guys, there is still potential for musical yo. I mean Sound of Music was set during WW II, Hardy raps, Branaugh and Rylance can sing...
Will they sing their way out of the germans' hands? :lol:

according to wikipedia, there were 693 British ships and 168 Allied ships taking part in the evacuation. i wonder how many nolan will use on set? :P

Forum Pro
Law
I'm a John G wrote:according to wikipedia, there were 693 British ships and 168 Allied ships taking part in the evacuation. i wonder how many nolan will use on set? :P
He will get 693 British ships and 168 allied.