Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
I love the nod to The Prestige with all the helmets on the sand.

Sanchez wrote:All these spoiler tags :(

Coming home from vacation tonight, seeing it at the first screening possible tomorrow. I've had trouble sleeping at night this week cause I've been thinking so much about this movie.
I feel you bro.£

okungnyo wrote:Thanks.

Related to that, this is the second film of Mr. Nolan's in a row where the credits jump straight into "[WRITTEN AND] DIRECTED BY CHRISTOPHER NOLAN".

They should have done that since The Dark Knight, in my opinion.

It builds his brand name better.
Are you saying as opposed to placing "THE DARK KNIGHT" before it, or do you mean the fact that it combined "WRITTEN AND DIRECTED" together?

If the former, I like it in the end because that is when Batman actually becomes the dark knight. Same is true with Inception and Rises. As far as the "WRITTEN AND DIRECTED BY" idea, I agree with you, but if he is a co-writer with his brother or something, then I understand why they are on the same pedestal together in the credits billing. However, if he is alone in the writing process, then they should definitely combine the two.

Got the Making Of book, looks fantastic!

Now I feel like a jackass about the whole Caine thing haha. But Nolan didn't spoonfeed me by cutting to a shot of Caine piloting the other craft. What a jerk, making us use our heads and stuff.

Bacon wrote:
dunkirktrash wrote:I hate you all.
It's page after page of spoiler posts that I can't read because the film hasn't opened where I am! There are two threads of spoilers can't you all go talk there?

dunkirktrash wrote:
Bacon wrote:
dunkirktrash wrote:I hate you all.
It's page after page of spoiler posts that I can't read because the film hasn't opened where I am! There are two threads of spoilers can't you all go talk there?

I’ve already had a first viewing in digital IMAX (on a 15/70mm sized screen) and I’m planning on a second viewing on standard 70mm. I haven’t heard much about how the standard 70mm screenings have been going.

-I’ve heard that the Blade Runner and Justice League trailers are attached to the 70mm prints, is that true?

-has anyone experienced any major hiccups during their 70mm screening? I remember hearing lots of screw ups by projectionists and theatre management during The Hateful Eight’s 70mm release.

-I’ve been seeing these souvenir 70mm strips being handed out at 70mm screenings on instagram, and I want one terribly. Are these being handed out as a standard at all theatres, like the programs at 70mm screenings of The Hateful Eight? How long do you think the theatre’s stock of the 70mm strips will last?

okungnyo wrote:Thanks.

Related to that, this is the second film of Mr. Nolan's in a row where the credits jump straight into "[WRITTEN AND] DIRECTED BY CHRISTOPHER NOLAN".

They should have done that since The Dark Knight, in my opinion.

It builds his brand name better.
That's not how credits work.

Inhumans trailer has been playing in front both of my IMAX viewings.

What an embarrassment.