Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
My sources are telling me James Cameron asked Christopher Nolan to direct the first sequel of Avatar.

Nolan hate + Avatar hate = Internet is closing
Master Virgo wrote:It's so weird when you think about it. Almost two years from now there will be another film from Nolan and that's it? What kind of announcement is this anyway? Give us something for the love of fuck.£
I honestly dont remember any other director which gets announcements like this. Feels kinda surreal. The news is that Christopher Nolan is releasing a new movie in 2017. That's it.

I love how we are at a point where Nolan is so big that when a vague as fuck announcement comes around that he will have film out in 2 years, and no genre or title or any info of any kind is given, it is STILL news.

He's the fucking man right now

I'm just wondering if there will be some icy locations in this movie.

ComptonTerry wrote:I love how we are at a point where Nolan is so big that when a vague as fuck announcement comes around that he will have film out in 2 years, and no genre or title or any info of any kind is given, it is STILL news.

Nolan is the new Spielberg.

ComptonTerry wrote:I love how we are at a point where Nolan is so big that when a vague as fuck announcement comes around that he will have film out in 2 years, and no genre or title or any info of any kind is given, it is STILL news.

+1

i agree.

I'd be dead if the release date wasn't announced this year.

atilasantos wrote:

Nolan is the new Spielberg.
I see him a little more like pre Titanic Cameron, but both analogies work

He's definitely more Cameron. But I've always seen him as who Ridley Scott never ended up being.

Have wrote to IMAX Corp. with a request to reveal me something about this movie... SOMETHING... but they turned me off. Fuck.

Exclusive: we've had word that Warner Bros is now planning 3 Akira films, and that Christopher Nolan could be involved in at least one.

...it's been announced that Akira's still happening, with the movie being handled by Leonardo DiCaprio's production company Appian Way and Sons of Anarchy screenwriter Marco J Ramirez penning the script.

We've now heard from a source close to Warner Bros. that the studio is planning to make a trilogy of films based on Akira - all the better to do justice to Otomo's sprawling dystopian sci-fi yarn, perhaps.

Most intriguingly of all, we're told that Christopher Nolan has met with a previously attached filmmaker (who we can't name here) within the past three months to talk about the project.
http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/akira/24 ... n-involved