Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Bacon wrote:Is it bad if I'm starting to strongly doubt whether he'll have a film out in 2016?
Not at all, because Nolan is a human too, like all of us, and he needs time to work out another masterpiece.

I'm thinking we'll get an announcement later in the year for a summer 2017 release.

Bacon wrote:Is it bad if I'm starting to strongly doubt whether he'll have a film out in 2016?
Very bad.

We need all the positive vibes we can get for a 2016 release.

DoubleD wrote:I'm thinking we'll get an announcement later in the year for a summer 2017 release.
I bet on a spring.

Still hoping Nolan has exceeded himself in being secretive and his next film will go into production next week.

i though Pfister is drunk in a ditch somewhere.

Nomis wrote:Still hoping Nolan has exceeded himself in being secretive and his next film will go into production next week.

But will he finally out blade runner, Blade Runner?

Depends on the film. I think Prestige, TDK, and Inception are all better looking than Interstellar but it'd be cool to see what Hoyte and Nolan could come up with on another film. Interstellar is full of so many landscapes and outside environments plus various effects shots so it'd be cool to see something vastly different. Smaller would be ideal for both.

Cilogy, sad, but probably true.

I honestly LOVED the cinematography in Interstellar. I think it's hard to compare to Prestige, TDK, and Inception because it was MUCH different. But that said I think we would have a very different looking space film if Wally was behind the camera on it.

I don't just mean the space shots though. The way the camera moved, the focus, the framing, throughout the film, is more stylized than the more subtle work of Pfister. I think anyway.