Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Wait... Are you guys saying that the Disney/Nolan thing hasn't floated at this site at all? That surprises me if it wasn't discussed here at all. The chatter about that has been around at various movie forums, tracking site boards, twitter conversations between the movie site bloggers, etc. since after TDKR. I think it was fueled with Horn now being at Disney and Nolan doing Interstellar with Paramount. And then of course WB piggybacked on it but it's clear that WB needs Nolan more than he needs them. Anyway, what I'm just saying is that someone I know who's reliable IMO claims that the rumor that he's being offered a first look deal is getting stronger lately. But hey whatever. I'm just passing on what I heard.

A movie every 2 years has been a pretty consistent pattern, so I'm sure we'll get one in 2016. That said it probably isn't this thing...

I'm sure there's a movie on Chris' mind that he's interested in writing/directing. But I don't think we'll get anything official until about mid-2015.

We didn't even know about Inception until the film was announced, and he had been working on that for a decade before that. I'm sure in addition to Michael Caine, Nolan has a nice stockpile of ideas and/or full scripts in that underground cornfield vault of his.

Plus I'm sure he's being offered scripts left and right.

What movie hasn't he done yet that seems like his style? I think someone said that James Bond could be a possibility. Also, is it possible for a director like him to go from big movies (Inception/Interstellar/TDK Trio) to small ones again (Memento)?

If he doesn't have another blockbuster script in mind, it's a near certainty his next will be Citizen Hughes. Not sure about when his next film will be though, could be 2017.

His Bond film is still probably years off (although he could feasibly 'reboot' Bond [without Craig] in say 2018).

Lionheart wrote:Yes plesase.

Even better. 2 movies per year. Maybe shot simultaneously :clap: :clap: :clap:
Why are you clapping? :blank:
Insomniac wrote:
TalkOnCorners wrote:I've also heard from someone reliable that the rumors about Nolan signing on with Disney is growing more and more lately. Both camps are mum about it though.
Rumors that don't exist are growing more and more?

OK.
And do you know the enough info to dismiss those rumors. Believe me, TalkOnCorners knows much more than you and me together.

theseeker9175 wrote:
Lionheart wrote:Yes plesase.

Even better. 2 movies per year. Maybe shot simultaneously :clap: :clap: :clap:
Why are you clapping? :blank:
Insomniac wrote:
TalkOnCorners wrote:I've also heard from someone reliable that the rumors about Nolan signing on with Disney is growing more and more lately. Both camps are mum about it though.
Rumors that don't exist are growing more and more?

OK.
And do you know the enough info to dismiss those rumors. Believe me, TalkOnCorners knows much more than you and me together.
davids wrote:If he doesn't have another blockbuster script in mind, it's a near certainty his next will be Citizen Hughes. Not sure about when his next film will be though, could be 2017.

His Bond film is still probably years off (although he could feasibly 'reboot' Bond [without Craig] in say 2018).
Forget it, his Hughes project is dead.

theseeker9175 wrote: And do you know the enough info to dismiss those rumors. Believe me, TalkOnCorners knows much more than you and me together.

This is why you're one of my favorite people on the internet. :twothumbsup: