Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.

Have you seen “Darkest Hour” yet?
No, I haven’t. How is it?

It puts you on the other side of the Channel during the same time period. Your old collaborator, Gary Oldman, is splendid playing Churchill.

Interesting. Yeah …

I’m not sensing you’re going to run out and see it.
I love Gary. I made three movies with him and I’m pretty fascinated to see the work. But I’d be lying if I said having spent two years doing a film about Dunkirk that I want to go out and immediately see another.
lmao

Nolan, he don't have time for it.

Oku
Bacon wrote:

It puts you on the other side of the Channel during the same time period. Your old collaborator, Gary Oldman, is splendid playing Churchill.

Interesting. Yeah …

I love Gary. I made three movies with him and I’m pretty fascinated to see the work. But I’d be lying if I said having spent two years doing a film about Dunkirk that I want to go out and immediately see another.
lmao
Wow, not even the usual diplomatic "Oh, I've been too busy..."

He really must have no love for that movie. :shock:

Quite the contrast to the shower of praise from the Darkest Hour side.

Bacon wrote:

Interesting. Yeah …

lmao
That's hillarious.

Like i said, it might be due to just how reliant the DH people are with talking about Dunkirk in order to further their own success. Nolan almost certainly wants the films to be separate and not seen as joined (hence his clear lack of interest or enthusiasm).

It's stuff like that interview that may cost Nolan nominations and wins. He is not personable and doesn't play "the game" with the media unlike Del Toro. I don't have a problem with it and I kinda admire him for not being an "ass-kisser" but it does hurt his chances.

radewart wrote:It's stuff like that interview that may cost Nolan nominations and wins. He is not personable and doesn't play "the game" with the media unlike Del Toro. I don't have a problem with it and I kinda admire him for not being an "ass-kisser" but it does hurt his chances.
That's incredibly stupid.

It's reasons like this why T.O. still isn't in Canton.

Oku
Bacon wrote:Like i said, it might be due to just how reliant the DH people are with talking about Dunkirk in order to further their own success. Nolan almost certainly wants the films to be separate and not seen as joined (hence his clear lack of interest or enthusiasm).
Yeah, it's annoying how everyone keeps saying that the two films complement each other, need to be seen together, should be edited into one supercut/miniseries, etc.

It's like...no, they don't.
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
radewart wrote:It's stuff like that interview that may cost Nolan nominations and wins. He is not personable and doesn't play "the game" with the media unlike Del Toro. I don't have a problem with it and I kinda admire him for not being an "ass-kisser" but it does hurt his chances.
That's incredibly stupid.

It's reasons like this why T.O. still isn't in Canton.
?