Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Master Virgo wrote:
July 24th, 2018, 2:51 am
God level filmmaking. His third best after Memento and Inception.£
Vader182 wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 11:52 am
and it is still Nolan's best movie

-Vader

-Vader

Legit don’t know if he can make a better film than this and that kinda scares me as a fan. I don’t want everything from this point on to subconsciously not live up to the quality and sharpness of Dunkirk.

And I guess that’s what separates an artist like him from a normal dude like me. Fearless with no real thought of having to outdo yourself. Every experience is in a vacuum.

ChristNolan wrote:
July 24th, 2018, 3:13 pm
Legit don’t know if he can make a better film than this and that kinda scares me as a fan. I don’t want everything from this point on to subconsciously not live up to the quality and sharpness of Dunkirk.

And I guess that’s what separates an artist like him from a normal dude like me. Fearless with no real thought of having to outdo yourself. Every experience is in a vacuum.
if his future career is full of movies like TDK-Inception-TDKR-Interstellar-Dunkirk it'll be very good indeed

-Vader

Yeah, I pray to God they're not as bad as memento or prestige

Nolan was a god even before The Dark Knight.£

I've seen this film exactly one year ago today.
My very first Nolan theatrical experience and I came out shaking because how intense it was. An absolute masterpiece and it's competing with Interstellar as my favorite Nolan film.

Pretty much agree on all points, although I ended up liking it more than he did.

The shooting on location and refusal to use CGI are painfully true.

These are the best movies of the 2000s (Washington Post)
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sty ... the-2000s/

The Nolan movie on this list is Dunkirk.
Since his breakout indie hit “Memento,” Christopher Nolan has played with notions of time, scrambling his movies’ chronology and creating densely layered narratives that barely skirt utter incomprehensibility. With this interpretive history of the World War II evacuation of Allied forces, Nolan deconstructs the time frame, doing away with linear narrative in favor of a sensory experience that is immersive and empathic. As an exercise in sound and image, “Dunkirk” achieved a purity rarely seen in contemporary commercial cinema, simultaneously returning movies to their roots and pushing them forward.

Deservedly so.

Dunkirk is a masterpiece among masterpieces.

-Vader