Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
I would like Jonah Nolan to start to direct movies.

Jesus of Suburbia wrote:I would like Jonah Nolan to start to direct movies.
He is directing pilot for HBO so that's a good start and indication that he is very much interested in directing.

If not Chris then I hope Jonah directs Reminiscence. :)

I don't see a big budget Nolan film until 2017. But I can be wrong and we might get next film in December 2016, but not before that unless it is a small film like Memento.

Reminiscence doesn't have to be necessary a Nolan movie. I don't think it's exactly his style so I'd be OK with other qualified director. Not sure I want Jonathan directing though...

I would really like to see the Hughes movie only for the simple reason he said it's the best thing he has ever written.

And I'll say it till I am blue in the face cast Bryan Cranston as an older Howard Hughes. Oscar gold for everyone.

I think a biopic of any kind from Nolan would result in a golden statue. The academy loves biopics and a Nolan biopic would be the same old formula, he would put his touch on it.

As far as anything else....if he cast JGL and JLaw in the leads of his next movie my head will literally explode. Two favorite actors in my favorite directors film. :D :clap: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup: :twothumbsup:

VulcanVader wrote:Reminiscence doesn't have to be necessary a Nolan movie. I don't think it's exactly his style so I'd be OK with other qualified director. Not sure I want Jonathan directing though...
True but I fear any average director may ruin it visually or turn into rehash of Blade Runner or Total Recall.

I think it is perfect for Nolan because
Obsessed protagonist, flashbacks, Reminiscence within Reminiscence?, playing with minds and dreams, noirish, also editing wise it can work brilliantly as non-liner storytelling.

As for Hughes movie, Warren Beatty is making another Hughes biopic so that will again most likely push Nolan's Hughes. He has lot of time to make these biopics like Spielberg is doing now, focusing more on passion projects. For now I want Nolan to keep experimenting and make something unique not necessarily Original movie but something different and revolutionary.

11072014 wrote:
HuFFTyZzLe wrote:reminiscence would be rad, also i'd be into a bond film if JGL was bond, other than that i could care less if he did a bond film.
You made me choke on air when I read this.
If JGL is made Bond I'll go out and hurt people.
the way his character was in inception had bond written all over it so whatever brah, i guess choking on air is better then choking on a dick though so congrats.

HuFFTyZzLe wrote:
11072014 wrote:
HuFFTyZzLe wrote:reminiscence would be rad, also i'd be into a bond film if JGL was bond, other than that i could care less if he did a bond film.
You made me choke on air when I read this.
If JGL is made Bond I'll go out and hurt people.
the way his character was in inception had bond written all over it so whatever brah, i guess choking on air is better then choking on a dick though so congrats.
If there was any character that bared resemblance to Bond from that film, it was Cobb. Rewatch from when he sees Mal to when he is given the kick. That entire action sequence and it's lead-up is pure 007 with Mal (Evil Bond Girl), Saito (Bond Villain), Cobb (007) and the Secret Lair (Saito's House).

JGL as Bond!? No no.......I don't see that coming.
I really see JGL as a young Q, just like Ben Whishaw on Skyfall. In other hand I would love to see Ben Whishaw playing Q again for a Nolan's Bond film, indeed.

James Bond Film
Directed and Written by Christopher Nolan
Cinematography by Wally Pfister

James Bond: Michael Fassbender
Moneypenny: Carey Mulligan
M: Jason Isaacs
Q: Arthur Darvill
Felix Leiter: Marton Csokas