Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
nolannolanchrischris wrote:Just wanted to say, that Harry Styles movie account on Twitter has been pretty great and informative.
Yeah she's been great. I've shared some info with her (@StylesMovieNews) and have borrowed from her too.

nolannolanchrischris wrote:Just wanted to say, that Harry Styles movie account on Twitter has been pretty great and informative.
I agree. What I like so much about her account is that she really cares about the history and film-making side of the movie. And because she is the number 1 'Styles movie account' on Twitter right now, she is able to make Styles' fans not only excited because of him starring in the movie, but also because of the other aspects of the production.

It looks like Dunkirk has a new Instagram account (@dunkirkmovie). Same name for Twitter btw.

Nolan's films have been consistently disastrous and are only getting worse, I don't see the appeal in following this nonsense.

Part of me wants to watch a war film a month in preparation for this. Haven't actually seen a lot of them.

Bacon wrote:Part of me wants to watch a war film a month in preparation for this. Haven't actually seen a lot of them.
You really can't go wrong with any of the famous ones, but if you need some recs I think we could hit you up with some must-sees. What have you seen?

Just gimme a list of like 12. Haha dont judge me but I really haven't seen very many at all.

I've seen a good bit of Saving Private Ryan. I've also seen Tora! Tora! Tora! & Good Morning Vietnam. (lol I googled war film and Gone With the Wind came up. I've seen that one too).

I recommend Inglorious Basterds.

The Thin Red Line

Making a list as we speak. The Thin Red Line and Inglorious Basterds were already on it. 8-)