Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Nolan films are always bigger and more ambitious than the one came before... I can't imagine what Nolan will do after Interstellar. There's no way of topping that film in terms of scope and scale imo, at least it's very hard to do so.

Bale Fan wrote:Nolan films are always bigger and more ambitious than the one came before... I can't imagine what Nolan will do after Interstellar. There's no way of topping that film in terms of scope and scale imo, at least it's very hard to do so.
Which is why I'd love to see him do something on a smaller scale like Memento.

Bale Fan wrote:Nolan films are always bigger and more ambitious than the one came before... I can't imagine what Nolan will do after Interstellar. There's no way of topping that film in terms of scope and scale imo, at least it's very hard to do so.
I agree...where do you go after Interstellar? It will be very interesting to follow this...indeed. :think:

Oldfriend wrote:
I agree...where do you go after Interstellar? It will be very interesting to follow this...indeed. :think:
Maybe he should just quit.

Nolan should do Sandman. I really want to see Nolan handling fantasy genre.

Of course it would be a verrrrry long project.

It'd be very interesting to see him tackle Sandman. Lot's of great stories in there. Still doubt technology is far enough to adapt it to the big screen.

I would still like to see Nolan do a Bond film but not necessarily after Interstellar. I'd like to see him making something on a smaller scale. Besides, I still doubt Nolan would direct a Bond film with Craig (don't really know why tbh) and Craig still has one left in his contract after Bond 24.

I said the exact same thing when he did The Dark Knight, then he made an even bigger film with Rises. I didn't think Rises could be topped in scope either and now he's done Interstellar. From interviews, Nolan has zero concern for scale. In fact I think he seems more than comfortable doing these $100 million+ movies.

I just hope his next movie ISN'T Bond.

I'd love a smaller one in 2015 fall/winter, but that's not likely. Another grand adventure film in 2016 would be amazing. Maybe something like Indiana Jones? I really have no idea. I'm sure he's got plenty of ideas. I'd love if he could team up with another fantastic writer. Maybe Kaufman since they're both meta.

I don't know what you do after making a movie like Interstellar. BUT, I thought the exact same thing after seeing Inception. So whatever he does, it will not disappoint, no matter the scale.

AsianVersionOfET wrote:I don't know what you do after making a movie like Interstellar. BUT, I thought the exact same thing after seeing Inception. So whatever he does, it will not disappoint, no matter the scale.
Exactly. I don't know how you could ever top this, but I can't wait to see what's next. Especially after he's evolved as an auteur with Interstellar. Wonder when we'll get an announcement. Maybe January or February