Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.

I can't remember another film with four F-bombs (subtitles show three, but I think Collins lets one out when his plane is hit) and remained a PG-13 rating. Two? I can name a handful of films. Three or four? Nothing that I can think of.

Historical films get more leeway on some PG-13 rules, for example, smoking. Maybe cursing in a historical wartime film gets more leeway.

But honestly, in the American theatrical version the only F-bombs I heard were Harry's. Fionn and Jack may have looked like they said one each but I didn't hear them.

Good point(s).

On another note, I'm trying to dissect smiley-turned-frowney dude and the corpse that washes up with the tide. I really do think it's the same extra.

The way his hair on the side has that distinct shape and the way his eyebrows fade on the outside make me think it's him. Not to mention... the schnoz!

hahahahahahahaj

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:I can't remember another film with four F-bombs (subtitles show three, but I think Collins lets one out when his plane is hit) and remained a PG-13 rating. Two? I can name a handful of films. Three or four? Nothing that I can think of.
Does the one Fionn apparently says appear in the subtitles of the film on the Blu-Ray?

Bacon wrote:
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:I can't remember another film with four F-bombs (subtitles show three, but I think Collins lets one out when his plane is hit) and remained a PG-13 rating. Two? I can name a handful of films. Three or four? Nothing that I can think of.
Does the one Fionn apparently says appear in the subtitles of the film on the Blu-Ray?
Yes.

Oku
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:Good point(s).

On another note, I'm trying to dissect smiley-turned-frowney dude and the corpse that washes up with the tide. I really do think it's the same extra.

The way his hair on the side has that distinct shape and the way his eyebrows fade on the outside make me think it's him. Not to mention... the schnoz!
He also appears somewhere around the 12 minute mark, as I remember reading another poster here saying that a few weeks back; does that help?

okungnyo wrote:
MuffinMcFluffin wrote:Good point(s).

He also appears somewhere around the 12 minute mark, as I remember reading another poster here saying that a few weeks back; does that help?
Sure enough, you were right as rain!

Definitely one of those "When you see it, you'll shit brix" kinds of moments.

Yet again, given the hair (on the side) and eyebrows, I think that helps strengthen the argument. Just becomes a bit of an "Easter egg" for us, if you will. Haha.

For good measure and more proper accuracy (since the new face is CGI'ed), I'm going to include him from the teaser trailer shot as well.

MuffinMcFluffin wrote:
Bacon wrote:
Yes.

Interesting. So an American made film went uncut and had 3 AUDIBLE F-bombs (possibly 4 if Collins says something muffled) and massive amounts of violence, and it got a PG-13. I've honestly never seen that before. Lincoln has 2 F-bombs, The Social Network has 2, Interstellar has 2 (one is slightly muffled but clearly said), The Adjustment Bureau has 2.