Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Heads up

ChristNolan wrote:Heads up
Lol

Still waiting for that Jeff Robinov/Studio 8 update though. Jeff Robinov said last month he would announce a project in three or four weeks, coincidentally just around the time of Interstellar's release. Adding to that, the company is backed by Fosun Group, who reportedly are big on Nolan. Further more, we also know Nolan presented his directors-cut of Interstellar back in june (WTF) so he has had plenty of time figuring what his next project would be (at least as a producer).

Every 2 years is pretty consistent and reliable pattern with Nolan. I've noticed this a long time ago. Honestly after TDK RISES I thought it was going to be longer than 2 years because he had finally finished the Bat Trilogy, Wally was gone, and he himself said he was going to take a break. I guess that break was just his usual 2 years, though. He goes back to work quickly. I would say 2016 and if not I'll be kind of surprised.

I read in an interview I cant find anywhere that Nolan said he now wants to makes movies for his children when before he was making movies for him to see.

I guess we wont see him doing a R-rated Horror or crime thriller any time soon. I just hope for something original and not Bond

Now Where Was I ? wrote:I read in an interview I cant find anywhere that Nolan said he now wants to makes movies for his children when before he was making movies for him to see.

I guess we wont see him doing a R-rated Horror or crime thriller any time soon. I just hope for something original and not Bond
let us remember that his children won't be children forever. these kids are growing up in a rapidly changing culture. who knows what society will look like in ten years, when they're old enough to start going to the movies on their own? if he truly wants to make movies he can enjoy with his family, we may see his style start to loop. whereas now there seems to be a bright and airy spirit beneath his wings, as they grow older they may lean towards the dark grit that made him famous...

...and then he'll be a grandfather and come full circle, again, as he makes films for his children and children's children.

I'm a John G wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:I read in an interview I cant find anywhere that Nolan said he now wants to makes movies for his children when before he was making movies for him to see.

let us remember that his children won't be children forever. these kids are growing up in a rapidly changing culture. who knows what society will look like in ten years, when they're old enough to start going to the movies on their own? if he truly wants to make movies he can enjoy with his family, we may see his style start to loop. whereas now there seems to be a bright and airy spirit beneath his wings, as they grow older they may lean towards the dark grit that made him famous...

...and then he'll be a grandfather and come full circle, again, as he makes films for his children and children's children.
Uh no. They're still kids.

There will be no R rated films in this house.

Being both a Bond and Nolan fanboy, I would go full on fanboy crazy if he was to do Bond next, but I'm also in no rush. So I actually wouldn't mind a kids film next. Something along the lines of Hugo maybe.

Although I once saw an interview with Nolan in which he said he wasn't interested in working in television, I would still like to see him direct a few episodes of his brother's TV shows, Person of Interest and the upcoming Westworld.