Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
i hopehe doin batman 4

Lord Shade wrote:Now, after a lot of thoughts, I'm pretty sure that Nolan's next project will expand a computing/artificial intelligence theme. And, with something around 90% possibility, the title of this film will start with "IN".

Look, he is already played with computing theme. In Inception, there was Cobol Engineering, and Cobol is a famous programming language (of AI, by the way). In Interstellar, there were robots - TARS and CASE. In The Dark Knight Trilogy there were, not as clear as in his sci-fi works, but many computers on boards of Batman's vehicles.

Like, you know, Nolan loves to play briefly with one themes in one films, and then expand them in their full scale in another films. Like it was with time, complex journeys and etc. Now, it's time for computers to do this. And this will be great if I'm right and Nolan is done with a screenplay on this theme.
That sounds horrible. Computer drama does not intrigue me at all. Please let it be a western.

Shakermaker wrote:
Lord Shade wrote:Now, after a lot of thoughts, I'm pretty sure that Nolan's next project will expand a computing/artificial intelligence theme. And, with something around 90% possibility, the title of this film will start with "IN".

Look, he is already played with computing theme. In Inception, there was Cobol Engineering, and Cobol is a famous programming language (of AI, by the way). In Interstellar, there were robots - TARS and CASE. In The Dark Knight Trilogy there were, not as clear as in his sci-fi works, but many computers on boards of Batman's vehicles.

Like, you know, Nolan loves to play briefly with one themes in one films, and then expand them in their full scale in another films. Like it was with time, complex journeys and etc. Now, it's time for computers to do this. And this will be great if I'm right and Nolan is done with a screenplay on this theme.
That sounds horrible. Computer drama does not intrigue me at all. Please let it be a western.
Let it be another sci-fi rather than a western. Jonah is already doing a western, and I doublt if Christopher goes the same way, moreover considering that the western elements already were in Interstellar and it's not as such a wide space to imagination as science fiction.

I hope he doesn't make a western or another sci-fi after Interstellar. Tarantino should make a sci-fi after The Hateful Eight though!

Nolan did said he'd wanted to make something for his kids... IMO, he already did that with Inception and Interstellar..

Yup, i hope it's not another sci-fi.

The very phrase "another sci-fi", as I understand that, is not suitable for Nolan, and I don't understand people complaining about that. Because he did just TWO (and a half) science-fiction films by the moment. He wasn't making many sci-fies for decades, he made just two. And look how many of them made Ridley Scott, for example.

If it came down to a sci-fi or western, I'd pull for a western.

But honestly, I don't think we'll get either. We know he's supposedly be scouting locations in London, so most likely a low budget, contemporary thriller or he's scouting for the next Bond already. And that last one is a stretch.

DoubleD wrote:If it came down to a sci-fi or western, I'd pull for a western.

But honestly, I don't think we'll get either. We know he's supposedly be scouting locations in London, so most likely a low budget, contemporary thriller or he's scouting for the next Bond already. And that last one is a stretch.
What? Source on him scouting locations in London?

ChristNolan wrote:
DoubleD wrote:If it came down to a sci-fi or western, I'd pull for a western.

What? Source on him scouting locations in London?
Uh....Fuck. I can't find it now.

Seem's like it was a random tweet that was posted in this thread or somewhere on the forums.

Basically he had been spotted out in London doing what supposedly looked like scouting locations.

Ace
A film producer took a picture with him at a airport in London that's all.