Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
I'm thinking (hoping) we get some news soon.

It's gonna feel like forever until we hear even a peep.

Has the beard appeared?

Pratham wrote:Has the beard appeared?
Appeared and disappeared already.

Panapaok wrote:
Pratham wrote:Has the beard appeared?
Appeared and disappeared already.
Meh. Just a stubble.

I was talking about glorious beard like this.

I wonder if his next feature will be the "to-be-determined A-list Warners property" that they agreed to let Paramount co-finance as part of the Interstellar deal. Or maybe he's just writing the next James Bond film... Both Lee Smith and Hoyte Van Hoytema are on Spectre, and thus acclimatized to the EON/bond-verse. A 2016 shoot (for a 2017 release) is a "reasonable" guess.

Whatever it is I hope we hear something in 2015. At the very least we got some snacks from Jonah coming up in Westworld and Foundation. I really dug Person of Interest and will get my much needed Nolan-fix here.

And I need that fix

Robin wrote:On may 6th (interview at the Walker Art Center ) he said he had no idea what his next project might be. Most likely a lie, but it is impossible to know with Nolan being so unforthcoming about these kind of things.
I really wanted to go that. I think his new film will come out in November 2017. It will be one of the untitled WB blockbuster films that was announced.

I hope Nolan does not do a Blockbuster next. Something smaller, on scale with The Prestige.

BlairCo wrote:I hope Nolan does not do a Blockbuster next. Something smaller, on scale with The Prestige.
Oh look it's this comment again.

He's already said he wants to keep making big films.

ChristNolan wrote:
BlairCo wrote:I hope Nolan does not do a Blockbuster next. Something smaller, on scale with The Prestige.
Oh look it's this comment again.

He's already said he wants to keep making big films.
Seriously.

"Okay, Chris, how much money do you want for your next film. $200 million?"

"No, just $5 million will do, thanks."