Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Westerns boring? Wtf. Leone is a legend. Plus Nolan's films all take heavily from the Western.

genloovers wrote:Cranston? What an awful choice that would be. If he does the hughes movie--which he never will--his casting choice of Jim Carrey is unbeatable. Nolan knows how to cast better than anyone. Cranston is overrated and an awful actor in my opinion; he has absolutely no range and his beady little bug eyes don't convey much. And I'll eat my hat if Nolan ever casts him in anything, because he never will.
Idiotic post. Cranston delivered one of the greatest performances in Breaking Bad. Especially by the end of the series. Even somebody like Anthony Hopkins told him he delivered the greatest performance he's ever seen and that he wasn't blowing smoke up his ass. Everyone knows it but you so shut up. No range? Sounds like you've only seen one thing from the guy.

Sky007 wrote:Westerns boring? Wtf. Leone is a legend. Plus Nolan's films all take heavily from the Western.
I find westerns boring when they're not done well. Then you have the classics. Ill take Leone and his spaghetti westerns over almost anything.

Are you familiar with Howard Hughes? He was a very handsome guy, a ladies' man from Texas. No way Cranston or Carrey could pull off playing Howard Hughes, a guy who had every woman in Hollywood. Cranston's too old and unattractive (sorry but it's true) and Carrey's too repulsive, he's the opposite of sexy.

Warren Beatty's Howard Hughes movie is coming out this year. I don't think Nolan'll do Hughes unless Warren Beatty's film flops big time. And even then, that makes too many Howard Hughes movies. Scorsese's was lousy and just rode on his reputation, Leo was totally unbelievable, looked like a big, fat baby and couldn't do a Texas accent to save his life, but it's still fairly recent.

Aili wrote:Are you familiar with Howard Hughes? He was a very handsome guy, a ladies' man from Texas. No way Cranston or Carrey could pull off playing Howard Hughes, a guy who had every woman in Hollywood. Cranston's too old and unattractive (sorry but it's true) and Carrey's too repulsive, he's the opposite of sexy.

Warren Beatty's Howard Hughes movie is coming out this year. I don't think Nolan'll do Hughes unless Warren Beatty's film flops big time. And even then, that makes too many Howard Hughes movies. Scorsese's was lousy and just rode on his reputation, Leo was totally unbelievable, looked like a big, fat baby and couldn't do a Texas accent to save his life, but it's still fairly recent.
LMAO

Aili wrote:Are you familiar with Howard Hughes? He was a very handsome guy, a ladies' man from Texas. No way Cranston or Carrey could pull off playing Howard Hughes, a guy who had every woman in Hollywood. Cranston's too old and unattractive (sorry but it's true) and Carrey's too repulsive, he's the opposite of sexy.

Carrey can be handsome. Cranston, on the other hand, with his pasty-faced beady-eyed wrinkly face, couldn't -- even if he tried really hard.

Carrey can be handsome. Cranston, on the other hand, with his pasty-faced beady-eyed wrinkly face, couldn't -- even if he tried really hard.

Sorry boys. It isn't just a question of handsome, it's a question of sexy. "Jim Carrey is sooooo hot!" said NO woman EVER.

Jim Carrey's creepy and sorry but Bryan Cranston's neither hot nor sexy. Plus, Cranston made a film "Trumbo" which all the BB fanboys (and I loved BB too but come on get real) were saying he's gonna win an Oscar. Well some people went to a screening and it's mediocre at best. Probably will end up on VOD. It's gonna be impossible for Cranston to crack movies at his age. He was wonderful in BB but let's not pretend he'll ever get a role that well written again. Aint gonna happen guys.

:lol: :lol:

I totally agree with the accent.

Yeah and I think it's a moot point about a Hughes movie anyway cause no way would Chris do one when there's already one coming out this year (if Warren Beatty ever finishes it which is doubtful - he makes Terrence Malick look like a speed demon).

Hmm. I still think either 1) a Western or 2) maybe a horror film. All I hope is that it is NOT a boxing movie. Man, I HATE boxing movies and there are a bunch of them coming out this year.

And I still wish he'd film Death and the Compass!!