Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
His best imo

Also, I think the
close-up of _insert actor_ looking at _insert something important_ might be Nolan himself looking at his fathers coffin? I mean he told that about Nimrod and how he wanted it in the film but I think this might be something specific too. I mean, we've got the same couple of shots in recent endings of his films.

Nolan is number 4 on IMDB's StarMeter right now. I don't remember seeing a director that high before.

Edit: And Tom Hardy is nr. 2 btw.

This ending is definitely one of my favorite endings to any Nolan film. To me it even tops endings such as Inception's, Interstellar's (although this one resembles the ending of Dunkirk quite much), TDKR's or The Prestige's. TDK may stay at No. 1, but still, Dunkirk ends in a very spectacular and emotinal way.

Sanchez wrote:Nolan is number 4 on IMDB's StarMeter right now. I don't remember seeing a director that high before.

It was like that when Interstellar got released too. I could very likely be wrong, but I recall him also being number 1 at that time.

DHOPW42 wrote:This ending is definitely one of my favorite endings to any Nolan film. To me it even tops endings such as Inception's, Interstellar's (although this one resembles the ending of Dunkirk quite much), TDKR's or The Prestige's. TDK may stay at No. 1, but still, Dunkirk ends in a very spectacular and emotinal way.
I think Dunkirk's ending is probably my second favorite after Inception's. It's incredible.

Oku
Nomis wrote:His best imo

Also, I think the
close-up of _insert actor_ looking at _insert something important_ might be Nolan himself looking at his fathers coffin? I mean he told that about Nimrod and how he wanted it in the film but I think this might be something specific too. I mean, we've got the same couple of shots in recent endings of his films.
I'm confused, as in like, he drew inspiration from his own life on how to frame those shots?
Sanchez wrote:Nolan is number 4 on IMDB's StarMeter right now. I don't remember seeing a director that high before.

And Mr. Whitehead is #13, Mr. Styles #28, Mr. Lowden #30, and Mr. Murphy #40.

Great all around. :gonf:
Innovator wrote:
DHOPW42 wrote:This ending is definitely one of my favorite endings to any Nolan film. To me it even tops endings such as Inception's, Interstellar's (although this one resembles the ending of Dunkirk quite much), TDKR's or The Prestige's. TDK may stay at No. 1, but still, Dunkirk ends in a very spectacular and emotinal way.
I think Dunkirk's ending is probably my second favorite after Inception's. It's incredible.
Mr. Nolan's endings are always amazing.

I'm trying to pick my favorite, but I just can't. :clap:

Imo Inception has one the best endings in cinema history :gonf:

Harry's at #28? That's impressive considering he's not on Dunkirk's homepage. You need to go to full cast to see him.

Also, found this and I'm a bit surprised:

how is reading the speech technically not dialogue

I did not write that and I think it is dialogue, that's not the point of what I posted. I'm surprised by the bulleted list's order.