Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.

ahahaha I was wondering how long before someone posted it here and noticed that - yup!

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
nolannolanchrischris wrote:'Dunkirk' Could Launch a 70mm Film Presentation Renaissance
Christopher Nolan's Dunkirk, which opens today, could herald a revival of 70-mm film exhibition. Nolan himself has been a long-time proponent of large-format 70mm film projected on to the big screen, and his new war epic will be available on both Imax 70mm and standard 70mm screens.

Thanks to a reclamation project that was undertaken to locate and restore projectors when The Weinstein Co. distributed Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight in 2015, there is now an existing base of theaters capable of presenting the format, which Warners has been able to build on for Dunkirk's release. And now there are other elite filmmakers waiting in the wings who would like to include large-format 70mm film as part of their release plans.

Disney and Lucasfilm's Star Wars: The Last Jedi, which is scheduled for a Dec. 15 release, are among upcoming projects that may take advantage of the format, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. Others include Murder on the Orient Express, which Fox is slated to open on Nov. 10, and The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, which Disney has slated for a Nov. 2, 2018 release.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/behind ... ce=twitter
Hopefully it's a more widespread release than the 10 theaters that got Batman Vs Superman and Kong: Skull Island in 70mm. Being lucky enough to get the chance to see those 2 in 70mm was amazing and I wish more people would have the same option that I had.

Now 12 hours removed from my viewing, I can feel that there was something indeed revelatory about the film. It's "haunting" in the truest definition of the word.

34-minutes Q&A with Nolan:

Forum Pro
Does anyone here have a PDF of the screenplay?

There are huge 2001, Kafka, and Lang influences in the film and I'm shocked no one has mentioned any of it. The first two are distinctly present in the opening sequence of the film.

Film debuts on IMDb Top 250 at #41. Let see how high it will go.

Dragon_316ca wrote:Film debuts on IMDb Top 250 at #41. Let see how high it will go.
It will settle at like #13

My third viewing is tomorrow in IMAX. My fourth viewing is on Monday in 70mm.

2 x 70mm / 2 x IMAX. A nice balance.

I'm probably going for a fifth viewing sometime next week to end it all.