Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Chris, Fionn and Harry talking about Dunkirk on Entertainment tonight (we actually hear Fionn's voice lol)

http://floweredfeast.tumblr.com/post/162413604018

Sorry, it's a video but I can't embed it and I don't know how to hyperlink words. It's a panel, and I'm sure the full video will be up at some point. It's like a preview of two interviews to come (Chris speaks separately from the guys).

Jack Lowden and Tom Glynn-Carney were at the panel too. My guess, which I think is everyone else's at this point, is that they're the ensemble cast 'leads' with Fionn as the protagonist.

who are all you people

Will they add more country release dates in the future?

And not necessarily Dunkirk-related but why does Japan seem to get a release date later than anybody else??

Ruth wrote:
Nomis wrote:They need to STFU FFS!
I don't want to bring up THAT discussion again, but while people who are trying to force filmmakers to adjust to their every wish are wrong in the most simple sense that you will never be able to please literally everyone, but this is really not the kind of approach people should be having when it comes to representation of minorities in entertainment.
ikr, also thinking that a film which has at least one female lead instantly makes it better than this is the most shortsighted thing I've ever heard. Some actress said that if I'm not mistaken. Like really, smh.

Just got text from my Cinemark manager friend:

Dunkirk presales will happen weird. On JULY 5 they will presale only for 70mm. All other showings go on sale JULY 7. Running time officially 106 minutes and there will be 6pm shows on the 20th.

u2aerofan wrote:Just got text from my Cinemark manager friend:

Dunkirk presales will happen weird. On JULY 5 they will presale only for 70mm. All other showings go on sale JULY 7. Running time officially 106 minutes and there will be 6pm shows on the 20th.
Good stuff. Is there a specific time this Wednesday or at midnight the day of?

Do you think only USA would get the presale for 70mm? Or also the UK ?

jacobj wrote:

Do you think only USA would get the presale for 70mm? Or also the UK ?
UK all formats from the 7th

Nomis wrote:
Ruth wrote:
Nomis wrote:They need to STFU FFS!
I don't want to bring up THAT discussion again, but while people who are trying to force filmmakers to adjust to their every wish are wrong in the most simple sense that you will never be able to please literally everyone, but this is really not the kind of approach people should be having when it comes to representation of minorities in entertainment.
ikr, also thinking that a film which has at least one female lead instantly makes it better than this is the most shortsighted thing I've ever heard. Some actress said that if I'm not mistaken. Like really, smh.
At the same time you probably shouldn't be reading broflake news either.