Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
dormouse7 wrote:Re music - If by trailer 2 you mean the first full trailer after the "announcement"/teaser, I believe someone identified that music as something not by Zimmer (scour the Soundtrack thread around the date when trailer 2 was released).
Yes, I mean that trailer. The thing about this trailer is that it is made out of 4 music sections:
1. A ticking clock with a lot of sound design (People thought it was Zimmer but it's not - the ticking clock could be his work tho)
2. A "synth-y choir". That's how I describe it.
3. The section that comes right after Cillian's line.
4. Back to the synth-y choir at the end.

1,2,4 are taken from this track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgLgWl_xZVU (I recommend "Wild Moose" from the same album. It's gorgeous)
It's funny how sections from this track have been used in the live-stream/time-lapse.

So there's only one section that is unidentifiable. Tried to Shazam it, no results. (http://www.mediafire.com/file/tvw6ef7cs ... +Music.wav)

It was said on Zimmer's accounts that the trailer features his music (unless they meant the movie features his music IDK)
It means that the piece above might be from the score. There's an equal chance that it was an original piece made by the trailer house for this specific trailer. I guess we won't know for sure until the score is out.

Savage @okungnyo :lol:
No offence my friend

I was expecting some controversy regarding the movie being focused on white males, but that's how it actually was. We can't change the past.
After Dunkirk, I'm ready for a Nolan movie with a female protagonist. Could be very interesting.

Or at least one where the female character doesn't die (in some way) and motivates the male character into action.

Reaveybeach wrote:Or at least one where the female character doesn't die (in some way) and motivates the male character into action.
God all of his movies are indeed influenced/motivated by the death of a female character. Nolan has issues.

Oku
AhmadAli95 wrote:Savage @okungnyo :lol:
No offence my friend

I was expecting some controversy regarding the movie being focused on white males, but that's how it actually was. We can't change the past.
After Dunkirk, I'm ready for a Nolan movie with a female protagonist. Could be very interesting.
What do you mean??

okungnyo wrote: What do you mean??
Which part?

Oku
This part:
No offence my friend
[...]

okungnyo wrote:This part:
No offence my friend
[...]
When someone calls out someone else on something, the word "savage" is used to describe how they don't give a fuck about calling someone out. Not to say that Law deserved to be called out or anything. Just joking around :)
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=savage

AhmadAli95 wrote:I was expecting some controversy regarding the movie being focused on white males, but that's how it actually was. We can't change the past.
Well, technically the British DID conscribe soldiers from their Dominions - I think over 2 million people of Indian descent fought in World War 2 alone, which in its own is quite an important part of the army. Then again you could roast Nolan for not having included female characters as well - where did all of those nurses in Dunkirk go? Teleport straight to safety? I mean nurses are ALWAYS being overlooked in war movies and are usually demoted to love interests solely. Thank god at least nobody took this approach here :lol:

So in a way, the criticism is not completely unfounded. If anything, minority soldiers/workers in both world wars are constantly being overlooked and not granted the same amount of respect white Allied soldiers do - to the point some (*cough* idiots*cough*) people lose their shit if they see a non white soldier being added in BF1, which, while not being very historically accurate (ffs it's just a game), still had some basis in reality for having minority soldiers.

But then again, I've always kind of been against *policing* free art. I know it might sound horrible and it's not what it seems, but I'm not sure if it would also be a good thing to force filmmakers to completely adjust their (completely historically accurate, even if not fully inclusive) ideas to suit ours. I don't think it's how art works... I guess?