Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Ruth wrote:I'm sorry if this is a stupid question or has been discussed before, but this place is such a mess it's hard for me to keep up. Anyhoo, wouldn't these pictures finally confirm that Tom Hardy has a decent role in this movie, and doesn't kick the bucket in the first few minutes he shows up? If not then why would the RAF museum dedicate a stand for a character, even if portrayed by a famous actor, who's only there for a little bit? I mean, sure, his role could be short, but very memorable, but still... Why not go for the other pilot, who, I'm pretty darn sure, makes it out alive to the last third of the movie at the very least, or them both maybe?
I didn't follow production very closely, but I believe
after the prologue, his plane lands in Dunkirk and he survives. I might be wrong, but I think the picture of him on the cover of Total Film is after he gets out of the plane in Dunkirk.

Check 1:59

dormouse7 wrote:New photos of Hardy's costume display at the RAF Museum:

Pity we can't read what it says on the boards.

Oku

Nomis wrote:
dormouse7 wrote:New photos of Hardy's costume display at the RAF Museum:

Pity we can't read what it says on the boards.
The black board is just the press release.

oh alright

Hopefully they will give us something more than the usual 360 view video on 4th of June. It will be the 77th anniversary day for the evacuation, so hopefully the boys n gals at marketing will make full use of it..

Christopher Nolan’s ‘Dunkirk’ re-creates epic WWII rescue
Producer Emma Thomas, Nolan’s wire, chats about the shoot
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/06/01/c ... ii-rescue/
Excerpts:
Oh yes, most of “Dunkirk” was filmed with lumbering, heavy and noisy Imax devices, which the camera team had worked with on a much more limited basis in earlier Nolan films. Sequences that required discernible dialogue were shot with quieter but still large-format 65 mm equipment.
“Dunkirk sort of defines that thing that British people take great pride in,” adds the London native — “which is all just gritting your teeth and getting on with it and triumphing in a moment of adversity. What’s also, I think, amazing about it is that it’s one of the few stories in history where civilians played a huge part in a military operation and really saved the day.

“For that reason, I think that what’s inspiring and exciting about the story is that it’s actually a very universal story. You don’t have to be British to appreciate it; it’s really about the human spirit. So it’s great to bring a story that’s so well-known in England to a wider audience that don’t necessarily know about the event.”
Last edited by dormouse7 on June 2nd, 2017, 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

lol Nolans "wire" :P

"discernable dialogue"
inb4 complaints about not understanding characters during the IMAX sequences