Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
14 Summer Movies You Need to See! (The Dan Cave w/ Dan Casey)
http://nerdist.com/best-summer-movie-gu ... -dan-cave/
Dunkirk (July 21): This summer, have some Funkirk with Christopher Nolan, short-hair Harry Styles, and the cast of Dunkirk, a sweeping World War II drama about the Battle of Dunkirk, in which more than 330,000 Allied soldiers managed to evacuate from the beaches of Dunkirk, France after being cut off by the German army. And honestly, is there any better way to experience the brutality and horrors of war than on IMAX as envisioned by Christopher Nolan and shot by Hoyte van Hoytema? If there is, I don’t want to know because that sounds way too intense man.
And a nice start to this article which otherwise is a rehash of recent articles:

4 Times Christopher Nolan And Other Directors Went Above And Beyond For Their Movies
https://moviepilot.com/p/directors-who- ... nd/4253748
Christopher Nolan is one of the greatest directors of our generation, forever pushing the boundaries and quality of the modern day blockbuster. To get his level of quality, he's relied heavily on practical effects rather than special effects and filmed largely in IMAX (which can be quite difficult).

Less than 12 weeks now. 8-)

Oku

okungnyo wrote:The potential audience overlap is certainly there, what with Dunkirk being PG-13 and all.
I don't understand. The Call of Duty games has an 18+ age rating, I'm sure only adults like that franchise.

yes, it's a joke

Sky007 wrote:"@mccrabb_will DUNKIRK is gearing up full-tilt. The camera test are epic! This will be a spectacle."
Should start rolling soon.
Panapaok wrote:When it comes to Lynch and Twin Peaks, this guy has mostly proven to be full of shit. It's probably the same with Nolan too.
Bacon wrote:
dormouse7 wrote:So I guess we have to wait a week until someone has a copy of Premiere.......
The guy speaks falsities and nonsense. It's been previously said multiple times.
Sky007 wrote:We're all starving for info so any crumbs are filling
"WILL McCRABB ‏@mccrabb_will Nov 1
I'm stepping into a larger world
My time here will be infrequent for a bit
Brunch with PTA & The Nolan clan
Expect details by years end."
ChristNolan wrote:
nolannolanchrischris wrote:
Sky007 wrote:"@mccrabb_will DUNKIRK is gearing up full-tilt. The camera test are epic! This will be a spectacle."
Should start rolling soon.
What does this guy do? He seems to hang out with Lynch and Nolan quite a bit.
He's a fraud
Sorry if I'm rehashing old quotes. I'm wondering if anyone here can actually confirm in by ANY way that WILL McCRABB works on Dunkirk? He has time and again tweeted that he works on the film. And yesterday he went so far by saying the following: " I have due to the fact that I supervised the trailers/marketing..." Earlier he talks about how he's supervising the sound on the trailer (but has zero experience in film making).

I've been following him for quite some time on Twitter where he talks in great detail about his relationship with Christopher Nolan, Michael Mann and David Lynch. But I simply do no buy it. The info column on Twitter he states: "Producing Documentation on Warner Bros/Syncopy's Dunkirk, David Lynch & Blue Velvet." But every photo that he puts online of either Nolan or David Lynch is somehow blurry and looks like photographed from TV. Why would he be working on the trailers if he's producing a documentary on the same person he's working for? I hold Nolan in high regard and I simply do not buy it.

A whole lot of sites have credited McCrabb with scoops (although they were not) and even some have credited him as the DOP on Dunkirk.

So I ask again: Can someone here confirm if Will McCrabb is working in any capacity on Dunkirk or is he full of McCrap?
Last edited by hymntothefallen on April 29th, 2017, 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A couple of months late but cute - Chris w/ James Corden backstage at the 19th Costume Designers Guild Awards, Feb 21, 2017 - by John Sant @JohnSant87

dormouse7 wrote:A couple of months late but cute - Chris w/ James Corden backstage at the 19th Costume Designers Guild Awards, Feb 21, 2017 - by John Sant @JohnSant87

Great pic