Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
There were several portable toilets, but they were far away. We had to ask our group leader if we could go, and only a few at once.

I see "Tommy" has been added after Harry's name... This has been a somewhat rumored name for his character in Dunkirk, but "Tommy" is also slang for British soldier so i'm... :think: :think:

<- (Note - my number of posts. This board lost my username and email - said they were "unknown". I got no response from the admin so I re-registered w/ same name and email.....)

Re "Tommy"

Unless Nolan or production is messing with people, OR has a single cast trailer for all Tommies, SOME character is actually named Tommy, because when the cast trailers left Dunkerque, four (assumed) character names were seen on trailer doors:

Alex
Gibson
Tommy
Collins

Picture of the "Tommy" trailer:

We already believe Gibson is Aneurin because
a. A newspaper article said that
b. A photo of what seemed to be a camera test or solo scene for Aneurin said Gibson on the clapboard

So it looks like SOMEBODY probably has the character name of Tommy. I have just seen nothing to connect that name to Harry Styles other than the IMDb tagging in the cast list (which seems unusual - that they would just give out the name of one character).

Many people believe Harry's character name is Tommy since over a month ago, a couple of news articles used tricky titles like "Harry Styles Plays WWII 'Tommy'" - and then other news sites that misunderstood wrote that Harry's character name was Tommy. Those who believed that latched right on to that TOMMY trailer as being Harry's.

That's why I wonder who can edit the character names in the IMDb cast list.

@SuperDuty455 - Was that "Tommy " trailer for a named cast character or a trailer for extras to use?

dormouse7 wrote:@SuperDuty455 - Was that "Tommy " trailer for a named cast character or a trailer for extras to use?
There were quite a few of those white trailers, I didn't really pay attention to them. We walked past the car park they were on, but not go between them.

Thanks SuperDuty455 - so it was not a trailer for "Tommies"
willaartwillem wrote:Some actors have been added to the castlist on IMDB:
- Bobby Lockwood as 'Seaman on hospital ship'
- Adam Long as 'Sub-Lieutenant'
- Miranda Nolan (Chris' cousin) as 'Nurse on destroyer'

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt5013056/fullc ... m_tt_cl_sc
If you click to see the full cast, four more have been added:

Michel Biel ... French Soldier
Constantin Balsan ... French Soldier
Thomas Millet ... French Soldier
Calam Lynch ... Sailor from Deal

And after all of the recent additions who actually have IMDb pictures/activity, Fionn Whitehead, the lead of the young ensemble cast, has been pushed off the front cast page.

Don't know if they are real, but all four names seen on trailers leaving Dunkerque now appear next to cast.

Fionn Whitehead -- Collins
Aneurin Barnard -- Gibson
Harry Styles -- Tommy
Jack Lowden -- Alex

I just saw it as well. It's worth noting that IMDB can be edited like Wiki, so i personally wouldn't take these as confirmed names as of now.

An example would be when they told us Canada would be one of the filming locations, yet the studio confirmed everywhere but there. Another example: when Scream Queens was added to Harry's page as a 'Doctor' for 5 episodes, which turned out not to be true later on. I suppose we will know more regarding the names around the time when the first trailer comes out? unless we get some other type of confirmation before.

Yeah - I don't trust it either. Those are the four names that fans saw on the doors of trailers when the trailers left Dunkerque. Seems unlikely the only four names they saw would belong to the four original young ensemble cast members.

Note: "Gibson" was also seen on a clapboard for a camera test or solo scene of Aneurin's.

And re Canada - I thought they were originally planning to film the offshore stuff in Canada but then switched that location to Netherlands. Like France, Netherlands is offering incentives for film production, and they wanted a big inland lake with relatively calm water for filming.

There's another casting call for Urk. Same details as before.