Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Wow. I just realized we're witnessing Taylor Swift's ex-boyfriend as a lead in a Nolan movie. What is the world coming to? :facepalm:

willaartwillem wrote:
genloovers wrote:Did Nolan not realize this movie was already made?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcIKnvHOEy8

And this is exactly why I'm not excited for this.
Then why are you on this forum? To prevent us from being excited?
If he is, it's not working.

In the videos I saw that they're shooting under different weather conditions, on one day it was sunny, on the other it was cloudy and so on. How do they manage to hide that in the movie when the scenes are supposed to play on the same day or at the same time? I noticed in the fight of Cooper with Dr. Mann that the weather changed between cuts, which was a bit annoying. Also what about the tide, Dunkirk has a tide of up to 6 metres?

fayestardust wrote:
willaartwillem wrote: Maybe they'll shoot on the ships, and use Urk as a backdrop?
Urk is 2 hours away from me BTW.
One of the local newspapers (urkerland) said that the harbor was base of operations for the crew and that they're filming on the water and there was quite a fleet involved.
It's open water filming, according to the Stentor. Buoys will mark the area and no other ships will be allowed to go there.
Source: http://www.destentor.nl/regio/urk/opnam ... -1.6052765 (Dutch)

I've heard some intresting things from someone who's going to work on Dunkirk when they'll film in The Netherlands.
- The crew will film for 20 days in The Netherlands starting end june.
- They bought an 5 million dollar classic plane which they've rebuilt for filming. They will mount IMAX camera's on the plane and some actors (don't know who) will 'fly' the plane. (proffesional pilots will fly the plane, but like filming in a car, the pilots will sit at another spot in the plane, and the actors will sit at the main controls)
-
From what i've understood, they will also crash that expensive plane. (or at least a wreckage)
- One scene is on a (small?) boat where only eight people can be on (including crew).
- Nolan and crew will also blow up alot of stuff like they've been doing the last few days in France.

That same person has also read the script and said that he had 45 minutes to read it and like Star Wars, the script is dark red which prevents it from being copied. There are only three scripts in circulation and you have to get permission to read it and you can only read it in a specific room.

Boyd wrote:I've heard some intresting things from someone who's going to work on Dunkirk when they'll film in The Netherlands.
- They bought an 5 million dollar classic plane which they've rebuilt for filming. They will mount IMAX camera's on the plane and some actors (don't know who) will 'fly' the plane. (proffesional pilots will fly the plane, but like filming in a car, the pilots will sit at another spot in the plane, and the actors will sit at the main controls)
-
From what i've understood, they will also crash that expensive plane. (or at least a wreckage)
- One scene is on a (small?) boat where only eight people can be on (including crew).
- Nolan and crew will also blow up alot of stuff like they've been doing the last few days in France.

That same person has also read the script and said that he had 45 minutes to read it and like Star Wars, the script is dark red which prevents it from being copied. There are only three scripts in circulation and you have to get permission to read it and you can only read it in a specific room.
Great info! Thanks. Is the script also plagiarized like Star Wars?

o....m.....g. how exciting. Wonderful info. Thanks

Boyd wrote:I've heard some intresting things from someone who's going to work on Dunkirk when they'll film in The Netherlands.
-

Pitch Perfect 3 moved from July 21 to December 22. All will bow to Lord Nolan.