Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Sky007 wrote:Every once in a while I look at the trending worldwide topics and Dunkirk is one of them cuz of Style's fangirls. lmao billion dollars confirmed
Trending already? Wow lol...

It was trending because Harry Styles' father Des Styles confirmed Harry's role. A few hours later the tweet was deleted

It's May.

Do we know if Tom Hardy is the lead of Dunkirk?
I was recently on a Reddit thread and a user told me the lead of this film is still unknown?

eescorpius wrote:Do we know if Tom Hardy is the lead of Dunkirk?
I was recently on a Reddit thread and a user told me the lead of this film is still unknown?
No, he isn't.
The leads will be played by two young actors. The first one is Fionn Whitehead, the name of the second is yet unknown, but it's either Jack Lowden or Harry Styles.
Christopher Nolan has set his sights on newcomer Fionn Whitehead to play one of the two young leads in his WWII movie “Dunkirk,” multiple individuals familiar with the Warner Bros. project have told TheWrap.
http://www.thewrap.com/christopher-nola ... exclusive/

ICYMI: the codename for this is Bodega Bay.

antovolk wrote:ICYMI: the codename for this is Bodega Bay.
Sauce please?

Mark Rylance is already learning all about Dunkirk co-star Harry Styles: "He has nice hair"
Mark Rylance was bombarded with Harry Styles questions at the 2016 BAFTA TV Awards - and as with any conversation about the former One Direction star, talk soon turned to the hair.

The Oscar winner who scooped the Best Actor BAFTA for his role in the BBC's Wolf Hall last night will be starring in Christopher Nolan's Dunkirk with the popstar, although they haven't started filming yet.

"My 11-year-old niece has taken interest in my profession all of a sudden because of Harry Styles," Rylance quipped.

"Am I a fan of Harry Styles? My niece showed me a video of him the other day. He has nice hair."

Diehard Styles fans know that the singer recently chopped off his ponytail, so Rylance may be in for a shock when the pair finally begin shooting.​

There's a guy over at IMDB, who has been posting all kinds of interesting news.

It would appear filming starts as early as next week.