Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
That's what is being reported. It would seem rather strange to fabricate fake rumors about unknown actors, wouldn't it. I always trust Deadline with their sources.

Now we can affirm that the movie will be rated PG-13, so all 1D fans would get their way on the screenings.

Guys... The article reports that Chris an Emma were impressed by Styles. Nolan is a great caster, and I think he has a good reason to cast the kid. And btw I think Styles' role will be very minor.
And I still have the confidence Dunkirk will be R-rated.

Keep in mind this movie especially is going to have a tonne of very small roles, Nolan loves getting scope on screen and he's gonna want every soldier on there a reasonably good actor in some way. I expect it'll be like Thin Red Line where some actors might even be left with most of their material on the cutting room floor.

Also on the reporting side of things, every local paper is inevitably going to be reporting on their "local talent" joining this big blockbuster when in reality its probably just gonna be an extra or someone on the sidelines.

elemunt wrote:Keep in mind this movie especially is going to have a tonne of very small roles, Nolan loves getting scope on screen and he's gonna want every soldier on there a reasonably good actor in some way. I expect it'll be like Thin Red Line where some actors might even be left with most of their material on the cutting room floor.
that's not how Nolan works. He uses what he shoots

Where does he find these guys?... Open the champagne.

So has anyone seen the work of Jack Lowden and Aneurin Barnard?

Godzilla wrote:So has anyone seen the work of Jack Lowden and Aneurin Barnard?

I've seen Lowden, he's pretty good.

I thought it said Snowden...

When do you guys think Warner Bros. will officially confirm the cast? It shouldn't take long... The film is going to begin filming in two months already.