Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
ChristNolan wrote:I too was confused when we found it it's a WW2 film. But my thinking is the studio heads were really impressed with what Chris told them. Variety's headline does say "action thriller" so I assume Chris let the execs know it'll be bombastic. Otherwise, a film like this would be in a fall/winter slot.
Yep! I think so, too.

Glad we officially have a confirmation (and a title!).

Shooting will begin in May using many of the real locations of the true-life events, which form the background for the story.
Interesting use of words.

It is PERFECT. Nolan making a film in France was my dream for a long time!

Lord Shade wrote:It is PERFECT. Nolan making a film in France was my dream for a long time!
He already did it in Inception. :D

My first thought was: MASTER VIRGO! :lol:

Vader182 wrote:There's something odd about this.

Warner Brothers wouldn't give him this release date unless they thought he had a blockbuster. A WWII evacuation movie led by unknown teens coming out mid-July does not sound like a blockbuster. There's a missing piece of the puzzle still. Not saying sci-fi or fantasy (at all), but this could serve as the background to something grander.

-Vader
Yes I think so too.

ChristNolan wrote:
Shooting will begin in May using many of the real locations of the true-life events, which form the background for the story.
Interesting use of words.
Yup, something fishy. But 'Dunkirk' sounds too focused on WWII event?

Wow. It really is happening. Teddy plans to do a podcast this week! :o

Fucking. IN.

Yeah, the fire has been lit.

And the article seems to indicate it'll be both in 65mm IMAX as well as standard 65mm which would be INSANELY FANTASTIC. Amazing news. :twothumbsup: