Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Haha wow I can't even guess what type of film this is? jeez
And ChristNolan the leads are teenagers. My ET mention is simply that it'll be a blockbuster that focuses on a group of kids. I could also mention the goonies.

Is it confirmed that this is the same script mentioned a few months ago ?

Both IMAX and 65mm? Wow!

Maybe our non existent site Admins will come change this sub forum title to Dunkirk now.

'Shot on a combination of IMAX 65mm and 65mm large format film photography.'

Correct me if I'm wrong, but war flicks generally have a lot of handheld work, yes (or was it just Saving Private Ryan)? Given the scale of both of these formats, the final image would certainly be spectacular.

Think Hoytema's DPing. Given the nature of the film, & the fact that he retooled an IMAX cam to shoot handheld, he'd certainly be ideal.

IMAX 65mm and 65 mm. Fuck yeah :clap: 35 mm isn't large enough for Nolan.

ChrisTilford wrote:'Shot on a combination of IMAX 65mm and 65mm large format film photography.'

Correct me if I'm wrong, but war flicks generally have a lot of handheld wor
k, yes (or was it just Saving Private Ryan)? Given the scale of both of these formats, the final image would certainly be spectacular.

Think Hoytema's DPing. Given the nature of the film, & the fact that he retooled an IMAX cam to shoot handheld, he'd certainly be ideal.
Not just war movies, but Nolan's work in particular features a shitton of handheld shots.

I hope he doesn't shoot too much handheld. It has become predictable for war movies

hypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehypehype

Favorite director ✓
Favorite genre ✓
Favorite actor (quite possibly) ✓
HYPE ✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓✓