Dunkirk General Information/Discussion

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
I don't believe this rumors at all.

The Taxman wrote:
Sky007 wrote:Interesting thing to note about Nolan doing a "conventional" film is that the one that is most conventional and least Nolan like is The Dark Knight and that's his most acclaimed, or popular.

But a summer war film. That's fuckin rad. The Great Escape has gotta be a touchstone then.
How could you possibly think that The Dark Knight is his most conventional when Insomnia exists?
I thought about that when I posted but I was lazy. I should've said The Dark Knight has the least of Nolan's most known qualities. No flashbacks. No Malick camera movements. Straightforward plot. Not much exposition. An ensemble rather than a single hero on a mission. No kids.

If this rumor turns out to be true, it doesn't have to mean that it has anything to do with war or WWII. He can shoot in that city for numerous reasons. Doesn't have to be about the things that city is known for.

Sky007 wrote:
The Taxman wrote:
Sky007 wrote:Interesting thing to note about Nolan doing a "conventional" film is that the one that is most conventional and least Nolan like is The Dark Knight and that's his most acclaimed, or popular.

But a summer war film. That's fuckin rad. The Great Escape has gotta be a touchstone then.
How could you possibly think that The Dark Knight is his most conventional when Insomnia exists?
I thought about that when I posted but I was lazy. I should've said The Dark Knight has the least of Nolan's most known qualities. No flashbacks. No Malick camera movements. Straightforward plot. Not much exposition. An ensemble rather than a single hero on a mission. No kids.
No kids? Did you not watch the last 20 minutes of the film?

Ahh shit I meant the lead character isn't trying to get back to his kids (Gordon sorta…. is) but you know what I mean.

Anyways, not sure why this is being reported as a WWII film now. It seems to be just the location. Only 40 days shooting there? Not the central plot then.

thenextnolan wrote:

mchekhov 2: Chek Harder wrote:
thenextnolan wrote:
LMAO 3 years. thenextnolan what brought you back?

thenextnolan wrote:
pashacules wrote:Guys, have some news. It's in French resources, but I translated it. That's the link http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/region/dunke ... 88n3239911
If his next flick is a WWII drama/period drama, it's about to be lit...
I look forward to your review

Exciting news. Different genre and the one that suits his style a lot. Can't wait for the casting announcement. Caine as Churchill?