Harry Styles joins the cast of 'Dunkirk'

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Bacon wrote:I guess that's fair.

I'm leaning towards more that they're going to see him simply because he's good looking. Like me and going and seeing a movie because a single actress is in it that I find to be attractive and I just want to see them (which doesn't happen).
Ah well, I mean surely there is a portion of those fans but people also like him for his personality and are simply curious if he's also a talented actor. So far his only acting has been like commercials and music videos (and a horrific iCarly episode, he was very young in that tho) which were always quite spoofy so this will very different.

I'm leaning towards more that they're going to see him simply because he's good looking. Like me and going and seeing a movie because a single actress is in it that I find to be attractive and I just want to see them (which doesn't happen).
There's more to Harry than his looks and charisma. On stage he worked harder than anyone to make sure everyone was entertained. He was also always the one who thanked everyone. As one interviewer said to Harry "You walk into a room and you shake everybody's hand..". He also supports a lot of causes he cares about like women's causes and LGBT issues. He is credited with changing the way Seaworld treats cetaceans. He makes sure ill and fallen fans in crowds and at concerts are helped. And when a fan gets a hug from Harry, he never lets go first. You cannot find anyone in the entertainment business that has ever said anything bad about him. He's a really nice likable guy.

I hope he does really well with acting. He has wanted to entertain people since he was a little kid. I'm very interested in seeing how he does on the big screen.

dormouse7 wrote:
There's more to Harry than his looks and charisma. On stage he worked harder than anyone to make sure everyone was entertained. He was also always the one who thanked everyone. As one interviewer said to Harry "You walk into a room and you shake everybody's hand..". He also supports a lot of causes he cares about like women's causes and LGBT issues. He is credited with changing the way Seaworld treats cetaceans. He makes sure ill and fallen fans in crowds and at concerts are helped. And when a fan gets a hug from Harry, he never lets go first. You cannot find anyone in the entertainment business that has ever said anything bad about him. He's a really nice likable guy.
Any decent performer or compassionate person would do these things.
dormouse7 wrote:There's more to Harry than his looks and charisma.

He's a really nice likable guy.
I bet Styles is a swell guy, but the reason people like him does indeed seem to be his looks and charisma. I mean half the stuff you listed literally falls under being charismatic.

Yeah, but looks and personality are two different things. He has a good personality.

Some funny Harry Dunkirk memes I've seen on Twitter. Harry used to work in a bakery..

Shady1 wrote:
Bacon wrote:Watch Styles not even be in the teaser. lmao
Dude, this is exactly what I would do if it were up to me. He wouldn't be anywhere near that trailer. If fans wanna see styles, come to the film and pay up! He's a golden ticket, and I wouldn't let anyone see him until they fork over their cash. That's what these idiot fans deserve, anyway. They're just dreadful people (for the most part, I realize they're not all like that, but there's far too many of the awful ones)
Harry alone has around 30 million followers. It only takes a few to make it look bad for all. There are many more supportive than "dreadful" fans please don't let a few speak for all of us. There are so many good things that the fandom does. We have raised millions of dollars for charities in the boys names. In fact we are raising money to restore one of the real "Little ships of Dunkirk" called the Skylark. That ship rescued 600 soldiers and now she needs to be saved. It's quite an undertaking and I'm very proud of us. We also have a twitter account that is all about the movie with all the historical information etc. It's quite impressive! So please try to get to know some of the other (not so dreadful) fans as we are getting to know some of the Nolan fans. Together I think we could be great together supporting Nolan and Dunkirk! Mary

I've donated 3x so far for Skylark IX. The Skylark IX saved 600 men at Dunkirk.

I know Nolan is apt to only show one face in a 1st teaser, and if he only shows one it would not be Harry.

I am hoping Harry's name is in the teaser credits. Nolan went 6-8 deep on the last few 1st teasers. Based on the press release, 7-8 should include Harry. 6 would probably not. 5 would not.

Tom Hardy, Mark Rylance, Kenneth Branagh, Cillian Murphy, Fionn Whitehead (5)
Aneurin Barnard, Harry Styles, James D'Arcy, Jack Lowden, Barry Keoghan, Tom Glynn Carney

dormouse7 wrote:I've donated 3x so far for Skylark IX. The Skylark IX saved 600 men at Dunkirk.

Thanks! Ha! We're doing well! It's nice to have Harry's name connected to it. The Trust is thrilled!

Faye - my third donation was via buying a print of your oil sketch of Harry.

dormouse7 wrote:Faye - my third donation was via buying a print of your oil sketch of Harry.
I know, I know who you are. ;)

Hopefully some more people will buy some art. Got some new pieces coming up. Also Cillian Murphy.