Dunkirk Industry/Celebrity Buzz

The 2017 World War II thriller about the evacuation of British and Allied troops from Dunkirk beach.
Ethan Hawke mentioned his thoughts on Dunkirk briefly in the very beginning of a podcast with Kris Tapley from Variety.
It was kind of a fascinating thing to do. It's like he took the normal three hour war movie and he cut the first two hours and gave you an hour and a half of the final battle of the part that was your favorite part anyway. And we've all seen enough movies that I kind of could imagine who Mark Rylance was, and I could imagine who Kenneth Branagh was. I saw into their characters. I liked it a lot.
http://variety.com/2018/film/in-content ... 1202789473

HorrorBiz wrote:
May 22nd, 2018, 12:22 am
Ethan Hawke mentioned his thoughts on Dunkirk briefly in the very beginning of a podcast with Kris Tapley from Variety.
It was kind of a fascinating thing to do. It's like he took the normal three hour war movie and he cut the first two hours and gave you an hour and a half of the final battle of the part that was your favorite part anyway. And we've all seen enough movies that I kind of could imagine who Mark Rylance was, and I could imagine who Kenneth Branagh was. I saw into their characters. I liked it a lot.
http://variety.com/2018/film/in-content ... 1202789473
Good guy Hawke

Here's an excerpt from Peter Biskind's (Easy Riders, Raging Bulls) recent book The Sky Is Falling about how political extremism in American movies and TV gave us Trump or something bla bla bla.

Insomniac wrote:
June 29th, 2019, 6:56 am
Here's an excerpt from Peter Biskind's (Easy Riders, Raging Bulls) recent book The Sky Is Falling about how political extremism in American movies and TV gave us Trump or something bla bla bla.