Is the Administrator on Cooper Station an android?

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Listening carefully to the delivery and content of his dialogue/ lines, the actor seems to be purposefully including a few awkward phrases and a slightly stilted delivery, along w. an almost permanent smile plastered on his face, that suggests he is not entirely biological.

It took me a couple of viewings (and watching w/ closed captioning) to catch it but given the attention to detail in Nolan's films, coupled with the fact that it seems to be a conscious decision by the actor, I am nearly positive this is the case.

I actually registered for this site in order to seek opinions from informed, curious fans (and not sure where else to turn to get a another read on it - or possible confirmation/ disconfirmation) so I welcome any feedback.

Many thanks-
J

Who is the administrator? The guy that shows him to his house or the guy in the room when he wakes up?

jlugiano wrote:a few awkward phrases and a slightly stilted delivery, along w. an almost permanent smile plastered on his face
All of which are fairly normal behaviors when someone meets a famous person they admire. I did the same things when I met Kip Thorne; am I also an android?

i don't know if you're an android - sorry. Maybe you haven't watched the scene recently but the delivery of the lines, and even the syntax, is intriguing.

I doubt his entire grammatical bearing would be disturbed by meeting an admired/ accomplished person.

And, coincidentally enough, the very next scene is Coop repairing the broken down TARS or CASE (forget which) - a highly-functional, robotic assistant w. AI (based on its ability to understand complex instruction and idiom throughout the film).
Last edited by jlugiano on July 5th, 2016, 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the_red_ninja wrote:Who is the administrator? The guy that shows him to his house or the guy in the room when he wakes up?
the guy showing him his old house on Cooper Station.

jlugiano wrote:
the_red_ninja wrote:Who is the administrator? The guy that shows him to his house or the guy in the room when he wakes up?
the guy showing him his old house on Cooper Station.
Okay. I watched that scene and that guy just seems nervous imo. Nothing seemed to suggest he is a robot.
I don't think humanised androids would be a priority in this universe.

He's actually Satan because a galaxy far far away is actually Hell

The idea is he's basically studied Cooper's life and mission and he's essentially a fanboy, this the nervousness.

There wasn't a place for all humans on this station, let alone androids.