Didnt understand the end

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Hi!

I am from Germany and new here and very happy to have found a forum like this that gives the possibility of talking about such interesting movies.

The problem in my understanding is related to the End.

Cooper went into this Tesserakt which is made by humans from the future that are able to live in a reality with more than 3 dimensions.

He is able to send signs into the past which is actually the present for little Murphy and all of us. After sending the signs he woke up in a kind of a new world located to the Saturn.

My question is, how could he know where to send the humans? He was in this Tesserakt and could just give data through gravity, but in the ending the humans found a new world. I cant understand this connection.

Greets from Germany :)

I don't think he was consciously steering the tesseract--either the tesseract was programmed to take him where the future higher-dimensional beings (referred to as "They" in the movie) wanted him to go, or (my preferred theory) it was programmed to respond in some way to his subconscious wishes, and so it first took him to see young Murph because he was filled with regret over leaving her as a child, then took him right past Amelia Brand while she was traveling through the wormhole because of the connection he had made with her. I think the idea that it chose where to take him based on his feelings and personal connections, rather than the higher-dimensional beings making that choice for him, is supported by this conversation he had with Tars:
Cooper: 'They' have access to infinite time, infinite space, but no way to find what they need—but I can find Murph and find a way to tell her—like I found this moment—

Tars: How?

Cooper: Love, Tars. Love—just like Brand said—that's how we find things here.
As for the colony near Saturn, that could either reflect his desire to see if his efforts to save humanity had succeeded, or perhaps when he was done using the tesseract it was just pre-programmed to take him to the nearest human habitat that didn't lie in his own past (since he couldn't actually physically interact with the past except via gravitational distortions created by the tesseract--this was mentioned in the book The Science of Interstellar as one of the "rules" of time travel that Christopher Nolan decided on).