Favorite portrayal of Murph

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Foy, Chastain or Burstyn?

Foy for me, quite easily.

Foy was magnificent, so easy for me too.

Foy was amazing but I am still not sure what I think of Chastain.

However Burstyn steals the show with only 2 minutes of screen time, which left me crying.

MyCocaine wrote: However Burstyn steals the show with only 2 minutes of screen time, which left me crying.
Yeah, I just got done watching it myself and Burstyn's speech at the end is just incredible.

Foy.

All them were quite great but yeah Foy is really wonderful. Though Burstyn is quite effective in only one little scene.

Foy honestly gives the best performance outside of McC. I'd go as far as calling it one of the best female child performances ever. Certainly my fave.

Foy.

Foy. Such a natural performance and very believable as this inquisitive child.

Chastain was too focused on trying to make the character a complex one, which I found to be very redundant. Burstyn was able to create her own character for the short amount of time she had, but she totally convinced me that she was the daughter of McConaughey.

Foy was fantastic in every scene.

Chastain had some REALLY great moments, but some felt a bit...melodramatic? Maybe it was the scripting. I didn't like when she is looking at the chalk boards talking to Michael Caine. It felt like it was written. However, I LOVE when she is arguing with Affleck and she yells "dad's not coming back!" and of course her 23 years later video message is great.