Favorite portrayal of Murph

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
Allstar wrote:
MeLVaNoaTe wrote:Chastain obviously.
How is it obvious? :lol: Everyone picked Foy so far.
Well, the few Foy fanboys who have voted for her here is nothing compared to the general public consensus that Chastain's was the standout female performance.
Honestly, Foy was not even good.
One of the dumbest things you've said.

Chastain for me, she nails what is a pretty tough role. Her acting throughout Tesseract had me in tears. Foy is also great and Burnstyn doesnt let down in her last scene.

Apparently, one can't have a different opinion here without being assaulted.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:Apparently, one can't have a different opinion here without being assaulted.
You did not state an opinion you nimrod
Well, the few Foy fanboys who have voted for her here is nothing compared to the general public consensus that Chastain's was the standout female performance.
This is a straight up lie and fallacy. If anything the general public had Hathaway ahead of Chastain as well.

Allstar wrote:
MeLVaNoaTe wrote:Apparently, one can't have a different opinion here without being assaulted.
You did not state an opinion you nimrod
This is a straight up lie and fallacy. If anything the general public had Hathaway ahead of Chastain as well.
You can't even respond without insulting me.

I remember Hathaways performance was far more mixed than Chastain. Chastain was well recieved pretty much everywhere.

Anyways all three murph portrayals were great and each vital to the story. To start bickering or insulting people is silly.

He started it and you're likely only defending him because he picked Chastain (the way he did it was condescending and deserved to be called out). Also the idea of claiming people who voted for Foy as "fanboys" is laughable. Like she actually has "fanboys". Nobody knew who she was until they saw the movie and most were really surprised how much they liked her. It's not like it matters what the hell the consensus is but when he starts spitting out complete bullshit it is annoying. But it is pretty obvious what the consensus was regardless.

I find it hard to pick one since they all had different purposes to the story. Some moments of Chastain's scenes were a bit odd... When she just got to NASA after telling Cooper that it was her birthday and then the next scene (or the one after that) she's like: let's fix dis..

They were all three great. I just think the character Murph is fantastic. I hope Foy has a great career ahead of her and I also hope Burstyn is going to work more (i.e. star in more films of great directors).
Durden wrote:I remember Hathaways performance was far more mixed than Chastain.
I loved Anne's performance. Not to differentiate myself from the general consensus about her performance compared to Chastain.
I also wouldn't compare Anne much to Chastain, or better said, to Murph. You could say that Chastain had 'more' to work with since her role was very important and had a greater emotional connection to Cooper than Amelia. Anne had a very different character to portray and I think she did wonderfully.

Durden wrote:I remember Hathaways performance was far more mixed than Chastain. Chastain was well recieved pretty much everywhere.
From critics maybe, but from what I've seen outside of critics, the reception seems to be about even.

Allstar wrote:Foy, Chastain or Burstyn?

Foy for me, quite easily.
I don't know, it's hard to compare a kid/teenager to grown women. I think Foy did a great job and that's not even considering her age, but she also had more emotional scenes to work with. I don't know, it's a tough call.
Last edited by TomsWindow on April 2nd, 2015, 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.