Favorite portrayal of Murph

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
all three did pretty damn fantastic jobs

each one made me cry, but I think I feel like if Foy couldn't sell the role as well as she did, then Chastain and Burstyn wouldn't have been able to bring it home

Chastain obviously.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:Chastain obviously.
How is it obvious? :lol: Everyone picked Foy so far.

This is really hard to pick. But I'll go with Foy.

Mackenzie Foy was after McC the best performance in Interstellar. You totally believed their relationship and how much they loved each other. Cause if you didn't, the rest of the movie wouldn't make sense.

Ellen Burstyn was fantastic in that last scene, but also in the recorded messages in the Dust Bowl segment. When Coop says to her 'You told them I liked farming?' and her whole face explodes in joy, it was so great. And of course her line 'because my dad promised me' is such a killer.

I think Jessica had the hardest bit because she couldn't interact with McC, so she couldn't display the warmth and total love Mackenzie and Ellen could. But she was so amazing in the recording that McC watches and the audience can totally believe she would cause so much pain to her father that he would totally break down. Jessica's Murph was mainly animated by resentment and bitterness, so that's hard to make sympathetic but she still succeeded.

It's a sign of what great actresses all three are that the segues from one Murph to the other never felt awkward. The Tesseract scene where there's a sort of dance between Mackenzie and Jessica and McC was beautifully done.

Allstar wrote:
Well, the few Foy fanboys who have voted for her here is nothing compared to the general public consensus that Chastain's was the standout female performance.
Honestly, Foy was not even good.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
Allstar wrote:
Well, the few Foy fanboys who have voted for her here is nothing compared to the general public consensus that Chastain's was the standout female performance.
LOL

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
Allstar wrote:
I'm gonna sound like a completely blind fanboy, but considering this and other posts, why are you here?

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
Allstar wrote:
As far as I know, the general audience (outside NF) mostly agreed that Foy's was the best female performance in the film.

MeLVaNoaTe wrote:
Allstar wrote:
"McConaughey has never been better, and Foy is devastatingly effective as a little girl who’s scary smart but still doesn’t understand why her father has to abandon her." -Richard Roeper

http://entertainment.suntimes.com/movie ... cts-ideas/