Interstellar first nolan movie without guns?

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
I think so.... :gonf:

Let's make a whole thread about this

hey its worth discussion, does it signal that nolan is moving on from action pictures? Does anyone think nolan is going to make a Spielbergian jump and partially abandon blockbusters to make films like Schindler's List? I certainly feel as though Interstellar is going to be last nolan action blockbuster for a little while

I think there was just no reason to put guns in Interstellar with the story and plot given. I'm sure he will do action films again in time. I still think one day he will Direct a Bond film like he's always wanted to, probably once Craig's time is over

Doodlebug had no guns. Larceny had no guns. Following had no guns.

genloovers wrote:Doodlebug had no guns. Larceny had no guns. Following had no guns.
Fun fact: Following had no guns and had to use a hammer due to having no budget and Nolan thought using fake low quality guns would look tacky.

ChristNolan wrote: Fun fact: Following had no guns and had to use a hammer due to having no budget and Nolan thought using fake low quality guns would look tacky.
i'm glad Nolan chose the hammer.

ChristNolan wrote:
genloovers wrote:Doodlebug had no guns. Larceny had no guns. Following had no guns.
Fun fact: Following had no guns and had to use a hammer due to having no budget and Nolan thought using fake low quality guns would look tacky.
Worked out nicely. That hammer scene... [shivers]

Anyway doodlebug is a short, and I haven't seen larceny.

I too think he will do his Bond movie, some day. Not sure what to expect from him next. If fact I can't imagine what is running through his head right now.

ComptonTerry wrote:I think there was just no reason to put guns in Interstellar with the story and plot given. I'm sure he will do action films again in time. I still think one day he will Direct a Bond film like he's always wanted to, probably once Craig's time is over
I'd love to see Nolan do a Bond movie with Henry Cavill in the lead role. Have you seen that 'The Man From UNCLE' trailer? Cavill in a suit with a gun in his hand.... looks like the most badass Bond of all-time.

Side note: remember the gun in Armageddon? lololol.