What happened to the military. (Theory)

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere but this something I just noticed about why there is no military in the world of Interstellar. Some of this is just filling in the blanks based off of a few lines of dialogue in the movie.

So when the blight started, the government and military decided in order for to have enough food for the people of America they would start killing the population of foreign nations. Also other nations participated in this to. When NASA refused to allow their ships to be used for the killing of innocent people the government shut them down. Some time later after the government had killed a lot of people they realized that reducing the world's population wouldn't combat dwindling food supply and that the human race was still doomed. The remaining government's of the world dissolved their military's as a truce and to ensure that no government would start killing other nation's population. The U.S. government then decided to bring NASA back in order to move the population of earth off of the planet.

Scenes in the movie where I got my evidence from:
The meeting with the school principle
When Brand first informs Cooper that NASA has been secretly operating