What's Your Favorite Scene?

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.

http://www.indiewire.com/embed/player.j ... &width=480

Not the entire scene, just this clip alone. The build-up with Cooper ("Tars, getting ready to engage the docking mechanism!"), that epic delivery ("Initiating spin!"), and then Zimmer's epic 'evil carousel' music kicking in. And then those shots of the ship lined up with the Endurance, spinning around. It's quickly becoming one of my favorite scenes ever.

Docking scene best from an action stand point but I'd perhaps go for the scene where Cooper is getting the messages from home and seeing what he's missed, kids growing up etc.

I found that scene absolutely heart breaking, particularly affecting as a father. Matthew M performance is absolutely brilliant in that scene.

I have three favorites.

First is coop leaving murph. I cried 3 out of the 5 times I saw it. The music building so slowly and patiently is fantastic. I love the childish immaturity that foy demonstrated so well. When she throws the watch and cries 'when?' I just love it. And of course the sound of the rocket playing on top of the music at it's loudest as coop leaves.

Brand's speech about love. Surprisingly controversially. I agree that the snippit from the trailer made it seem like the scene might be too corny, but in the context and with the full monologue it is GREAT. I also think people misunderstand that scene and just assume she was completely right about everything. And Cooper doesn't just go 'yup. I think she has worked it out guys. Let's roll with her gut feelings on this.' He immediately chooses to not take her advice and points out that her love for edmunds may be grounds for a bias. LOVED this scene.

The docking scene. Not much that can be added here. Some reason I feel like we all KNEW they would succeed. They weren't gonna eff this up and crash and die in the moment. We KNEW they would make it, but somehow the suspense and the intensity and the worry were all still there. Love it.

The first video message from adult Murph.

So many good scenes..wormhole sequence..cooper leaving murph..saturn stuff..what really was the wow factor for me was the gargantua scene, I remember sitting there with my wife and turning to her going WOW!! just the music and the scene of the little endurance passing by the massive black hole, just jaw dropping stuff..also going into the black hole and things started to get strange, cooper falling, spiraling down just the whole lead up to the tesseract scene was awesome. great cinema. :clap:

Leading into the tesseract/being in the tesseract was easily my favorite. Just not knowing what was happening....Nolan is so good at messing with my mind.

1) The holy shit massive wave incoming.....and then the 23 years revelation

2) The explosion when Mann was opening the airlock (?) was shocking....there was a boom and then silence

3) When Cooper was trying to stop his past self from leaving. Man, almost tragic :)

There's a couple of them, naturally:
1) Docking scene - masterpiece of tension. I felt like someone was pressing me into my seat. Unbelievable stuff, amazingly shot
2) Those aren't mountains - this is very personal, as if Nolan tapped into one of my biggest fears - because large incoming waves are one of my most common nightmares
3) The videos from home - so emotional. While I thought Cooper and Murph's goodbye was a little rushed and not emotional enough - this was a gut punch. For an uncle like me, who treats his niece like his own daughter, this also hit close to home
4) The tesseract scene - although, such a visualization was done similarly in the past, the way Cooper uses it is truly amazing. I know some people are bothered by the presence of TARS and the overexplanation but I don't see a problem here. It felt natural since TARS was the only one who could understand the readings and give them to Cooper. Plus, he wasn't there constantly and Nolan left some quite moments for Cooper of real tragedy as he sees his "mistakes" and cannot change them
5) The ending - what a BEAUTIFUL ending - he says goodbye to his daughter, we see hope and Cooper going on another adventure. Very uplifting. The one problem I have with it, is that there's no mention of his son, he never asks about him, and it's like he was forgotten. That's probably the only thing that REALLY bugged me in the film.

The docking and tesseract scenes, especially
when Murph opens the notebook and reads STAY *Zimmer's score climaxes* *TEARS*.