Interstellar General Film Discussion Thread

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
hotsauce: It was said by Gordon when Commissioner Loeb got poisoned and collapsed to the floor. It was a quick and subtle moment so some might miss it.

EDIT: LoneCooper posted the same thing when I was typing

(posted in updates thread)
Panapaok wrote:The Treatment: Christopher Nolan (Interstellar)
http://www.kcrw.com/news-culture/shows/ ... Treatment)
I just wanted to mention that Nolan has been doing The Treatment with Elvis Mitchell for every film since Memento. They always have great talks when Nolan releases a film.

Cilogy wrote:is this the first time since 2002 we've heard "shit" and "fucking" in a Nolan film?
As far as I remember, it's also the first "asshole" (Brand calls Coop that when he says he's going to drop TARS into the black hole cause he's just a robot).

Does anyone know why they made a new logo for NASA on their suits?

Maybe the older script or novelization touches on that, but I was thrown off by that at first.

hotsauce32 wrote:
Bale Fan wrote:
Cilogy wrote:is this the first time since 2002 we've heard "shit" and "fucking" in a Nolan film?
If I'm not wrong there was one "shit" in TDK.
I dunno, I've seen TDK at least 15 times, I don't remember "shit" being said at all.

ScreenIt (a parental review site) doesn't list any

http://www.screenit.com/movies/2008/the ... ght.html#p
At least 5 hells, 2 asses, 2 damns, 1 S.O.B., 2 uses of "Jesus" and 1 use each of "G-damn," "God," "God-awful," "Oh Jesus," "Oh my God," "Sweet Jesus" and "Swear to God."
Then again, IMDB says there's two "shits"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/parentalguide

Now I want to re-watch it just to find out
Gordon says shit when Loeb is poisoned.

Really dazzled by all the performances in this. Everyone really brought their A game. Best acted Nolan film I'd say. Nolan has consistently brought back an actor with a big role (or multiple) to his subsequent project. I'm thinking it'll be Chastain or McC in his next project. Most likely Chastain. They seem to like each other a lot.

Maybe this has been discussed before, but in the tesseract, if time is represented as a physical medium in font of Cooper, does that also mean Cooper is ... immortal during that scene?

If he's able to interact with any point in time as if it's a film reel, does that mean he himself is not experiencing time, and therefore not growing older?

Cilogy wrote:Maybe this has been discussed before, but in the tesseract, if time is represented as a physical medium in font of Cooper, does that also mean Cooper is ... immortal during that scene?

If he's able to interact with any point in time as if it's a film reel, does that mean he himself is not experiencing time, and therefore not growing older?

He's experiencing afterlife

Cilogy wrote:Maybe this has been discussed before, but in the tesseract, if time is represented as a physical medium in font of Cooper, does that also mean Cooper is ... immortal during that scene?

To us time is a fourth dimension that we have to travel forwards in. Inside the Tesseract that 4th dimension of time has turned into a spatial dimention, allowing Cooper to see 4 dimentions of space. But since he is still moving, he has a time. It's just a different time than ours (i.e. 5th dimentional time). So he's not immortal. He's still breathing, he'd still run out of oxygen or suffer aging in there.

If Interstellar were shown in 3D, like... what would we see when he enters the fifth dimension?

...I'll show myself out.