Interstellar General Film Discussion Thread

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
INTERSTELLAR - GENERAL FILM DISCUSSION THREAD - WELCOME ABOARD!

For those who have seen Interstellar and for those who are curious to talk about it even though they still haven't. Spoiler tags of course, or just general chit-chat.

How was was the 'brief strong language' used? Just curious.

Havoc1st wrote:How was was the 'brief strong language' used? Just curious.
Same. And I'd like to hear about the cast - more precisely how would You rate it? This is from CN:
ChristNolan wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:Stuckmann gave it a B+ so I'm expecting Vader to give it no more than a B-.
How would you rank the performances?
McC
--------
Chastain
Foye
Hathaway
Irwin
Damon
Caine
Gyasi
Bentley

--------
The rest basically

ChristNolan wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:Stuckmann gave it a B+ so I'm expecting Vader to give it no more than a B-.
How would you rank the performances?
McC
--------
Chastain
Foye
Hathaway
Irwin
Damon
Caine
Gyasi
Bentley

--------
The rest basically.

Everyone seriously brings their A game regardless of ranking, without a doubt. There are some genuinely heartbreaking moments specifically with McC. This is Matthew's film, an absolute home run by the guy. The dude made me cry lol. Anne brings a nice stern maturity that sort of offsets Matthew's "playfulness", if you will. Their chemistry is rock solid throughout. Chastain brings an intense inner rage that you can tell burns within the character. I mean she really seems heartbroken every second onscreen except when shes working her mojo; then she is in her zone, her zen. Beautiful acting on her part.

Mackenzie Foy is a name to watch out for. That girl can flat out act. I bought every moment she was onscreen with Matthew, it was just wonderful. Where a girl that young could find that emotion and make it seem so genuine, I have no idea. Bravo to Nolan, I guess.

And...I'm wayyy too sleep deprived to keep going :lol: So for now, that's all I'll type up.

Havoc1st wrote:How was was the 'brief strong language' used? Just curious.
*Sorry for double post*
Probably the most cursing since Insomnia (I don't remember how much was in The Prestige). I know "shit" is said a good bit in some form, as well as "asshole".
And yes there is one glorious f bomb 8-)

Never mind- I found it on IMDB parental guide section. But don't go there! I got spoiled, Dammit. Fuck you imdb.

The strong language is two uses of fuck and also what ChristNolan wrote.

Havoc1st wrote:Never mind- I found it on IMDB parental guide section. But don't go there! I got spoiled, Dammit. Fuck you imdb.

The strong language is two uses of fuck and also what Chris Nolan wrote.
Interesting, I only remember one f bomb. I thought you were only allowed one use of it in a PG-13 film anyway?

So good to hear about Matthew! It truly is his show.

Curious question for those who saw it last night. How was the crowd, and were they into it?

DoubleD wrote:Curious question for those who saw it last night. How was the crowd, and were they into it?
Great crowd. When the theater manager came out to introduce the film, everyone applauded him and a couple of people told him to "take it off." They laughed when appropriate, gasped when appropriate. And clapped when the credits rolled.