What is your interpretation of the ending? SPOILERS AHEAD

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
sickofsickness wrote:I don't know if this is the proper thread for this, but I don't want to start a new thread for this simple question.

I understand that

the "them" was US. I get it. I figured it out before they explained it, and that we sent ourselves. But they also said that THEY (we) put the wormhole there.

How is that? DId we put it there? Or was it just there as a natural phenomenon - or was it supernatural? I was a bit worried in the first 1/3 when she was talking about ghosts because I don't believe in supernatural or the occult, so I'm glad it stayed grounded in reality. If someone put a wormhole there for us, it seems to Ancient Aliensy
wibbly wobbly timey wimey.

Davide3i wrote:Watched the film yesterday evening here in Italy.
I've read all the topic, but a few questions last in my head.
First of all, I don't undestand why in the 50+ years that humanity spent on the various Space Stations, no one ever sent an exploration mission to figure out what happened to the people that went through the wormhole near Saturn (that, I suppose, is still open) and to discover if one of the three planets is suitable for life. After that, they'll simply move all the humans to the Edmund's Planet, joining Brand and probably the colony of humans that has grow up in the meanwhile.
Secondly, I didn't understand if there is no way to communicate to our galaxy from the one where Brand is still alive (even if you can send messages from the our to the other) and I didn't also undestand if it's no possible to come back to our galaxy going through the wormhole (Cooper simply took a leap of faith and didn't know that entering the Event Horizon of the wormhole he would come back to our solar system).
So, in conclusion, when Cooper at the ending of the film take a spaceship to go after Brand, how he could eventually managed to let the humans in our solar system to know Edmund's Planet is suitable for live and they can move to it?

Hope my thoughts are clear. English is not my first language. :)
Because the wormhole is gone, and human doesn't know where Gargantua is.
Jonathan Nolan talk that in a interview with IGN
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/11/08/j ... r-spoilers
Nolan: So the idea with the film was that it was a wormhole that leads us to a place that creates an opportunity for us and then disappears. By the end of Cooper's journey, the wormhole is gone. It's up to us now to undertake the massive journey of spreading out across the face of our galaxy. Brand is still somewhere out there on the far side of the wormhole. The wormhole has disappeared entirely. It's gone.

IGN: And he has to try and get to Brand in this little ship?

Nolan: That's the idea.

The wormhole isn't gone, Jonah was talking about earlier drafts. The official novelization of the film confirms that the wormhole is still open.

maybe this has been already discussed here before but I can't find the answer...
Who put the wormhole there?

nolanlove wrote:maybe this has been already discussed here before but I can't find the answer...
The future humans.

ChristNolan wrote:
nolanlove wrote:maybe this has been already discussed here before but I can't find the answer...
The future humans.
Well. We assume.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:
ChristNolan wrote:
The future humans.
Well. We assume.

-Vader
I thought that was pretty definite?

ChristNolan wrote: I thought that was pretty definite?
I'm not sure his interpretation is meant to be any more than just that.

-Vader

Can we count Cooper as future humans too when he was inside the black hole (5th dimension) and communicating with his daughter,giving her the solution,the coordinates etc. Isn't that which makes a full circle of the movie? Even Cooper said, "we brought ourselves here" . "they" actually means "us".

Anyone?