What is your interpretation of the ending? SPOILERS AHEAD

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Yes, I've noticed that the subtitles are not reliable.
Well... I don't know... you might be right and it's not "right" it's "Brand" - it can be both to me (btw english is not my first language).
But I don't think it really matters that much. This theory that station people are just ahead of going into the wormhole and looking for Brand it lacks a bit. To me doesn't seem that they are really interested to get knowledge about the Lazarus and Endurance missions true outcome. There isn't any single word about the wormhole, Cooper arrives to a totally different world where these missions have remained just as historical facts.
I see the ending as a poetic conclusion where the daughter says goodbye to her father last time in her life who has always been her ghost.

Since it's so crucial to the interpretation of the ending, here's the audio of the admin guy speaking to Cooper when he looks at the new Rangers being prepared

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1PpP8fmIkeW

(originally posted by a guy on imdb djmaky)

iceman1 wrote:Since it's so crucial to the interpretation of the ending, here's the audio of the admin guy speaking to Cooper when he looks at the new Rangers being prepared

He definitely said, Oh, yeah. Right."

CoolwhipSpecial wrote:
iceman1 wrote:Since it's so crucial to the interpretation of the ending, here's the audio of the admin guy speaking to Cooper when he looks at the new Rangers being prepared

He definitely said, Oh, yeah. Right."
No he says something with an "n" in it, DEFINITELY not "right"

edit: and the word after "Oh Yeah" begins with a "Br" not a "r"

I think everything that was proposed here still works whether or not he said 'brand' or 'right.'

How the F are you people hearing "Brand"? I am listening to the Blu-ray rip and it's clearly "right".

taylorimpromptu wrote:How the F are you people hearing "Brand"? I am listening to the Blu-ray rip and it's clearly "right".
Srsly.

Don't worry, I'll chvouch for them.

Quick question guys.in a short summary what was the ending in the draft?did chris make the right choice to change it?

mosh89 wrote:Quick question guys.in a short summary what was the ending in the draft?did chris make the right choice to change it?
Cooper makes it back to earth and then the life form he brought escapes and begins adapting to earth's harsh conditions. Cooper smiles and lays there to die. Someone finds him and he goes to base similar to the one that's in the movie. It's there that he meets his great grandson (might even be great great) whose on his deathbed. Cooper makes amends and then goes off into space. Final shot is a flickering light of his spaceship out in space.

Chris' draft is much better. Takes us into a place we've never seen and becomes even more personal than it already was. Just far more nuanced, mind-blowing, and intimate with Cooper finally seeing Murphy.