What is your interpretation of the ending? SPOILERS AHEAD

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
MorenoVL wrote:I think you just summed up the story perfectly :)

The only thing I can't really get my head round is the following:

If Cooper has figured out the coordinates and binary code in the beginning of the movie, then why is he sending these like it's the first time he has ever seen these inside the Tessaract?

I know this has to do with time paradox and stuff, but the Cooper we see figures out the codes in the bedroom of Murph first and then goes inside the black hole.

Just nitpicking of course ..
Cooper sends the STAY message out of emotional reflex. He wants to change the past, because he didn't yet realize he couldn't.
Cooper sends the coordinates because he knows he has to (precisely because he remembers receiving them before going in the black hole). He does not remembre what the coordinates are because why would he? Why keep the numbers in your memory?

yunglettits wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed as I'm sure it has been, but I'm curious about the
"Dreaming of the Crash" scene in the beginning of the movie where Cooper is flying in the Ranger and he wakes up to Murph asking if he was dreaming of the crash. I feel like this scene is a lot more important than people make it out to be because it remains a mystery. For some reason I feel like this is the real final scene of the movie after Cooper and TARS leave the space station where they arrive on Edmund's planet, only because 1) Cooper I believe is wearing the same suit as when he left the station, 2) I heard TARS's voice speaking to Cooper, and 3) looks like the same ship. It's a possibility that I could be looking too into it, and it's just a simple flashback dream, where this scene and the crash took place before the events in this film. I feel like it's leaning more towards the latter but I'm not 100% sure and I've seen the movie 3 times so I just wanted to clarify since it's the only thing that I have a question about.
I strongly believe that the dream was a foreshadowing of the events to come. When they start their entry into the water planet, you can see the exact same shots as the ones you see in that opening dream sequence. I think even the sound mix is same/similar. Nolan has done this in the past where he leaves some scenes in the beginning and we see them again later in the movie.

GeniusNolan wrote:
yunglettits wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed as I'm sure it has been, but I'm curious about the
"Dreaming of the Crash" scene in the beginning of the movie where Cooper is flying in the Ranger and he wakes up to Murph asking if he was dreaming of the crash. I feel like this scene is a lot more important than people make it out to be because it remains a mystery. For some reason I feel like this is the real final scene of the movie after Cooper and TARS leave the space station where they arrive on Edmund's planet, only because 1) Cooper I believe is wearing the same suit as when he left the station, 2) I heard TARS's voice speaking to Cooper, and 3) looks like the same ship. It's a possibility that I could be looking too into it, and it's just a simple flashback dream, where this scene and the crash took place before the events in this film. I feel like it's leaning more towards the latter but I'm not 100% sure and I've seen the movie 3 times so I just wanted to clarify since it's the only thing that I have a question about.
I strongly believe that the dream was a foreshadowing of the events to come. When they start their entry into the water planet, you can see the exact same shots as the ones you see in that opening dream sequence. I think even the sound mix is same/similar. Nolan has done this in the past where he leaves some scenes in the beginning and we see them again later in the movie.
I had a thought after looking at the Gifs thread. The Helmet Copper is wearing is different than the helmet her wears throughout the movie, and the 2nd cockpit voice is TARS. It might be him in the Ranger crashing on his was to Brand. Woah.

So I really buy this. I like this theory. Thanks.

sickofsickness wrote:
GeniusNolan wrote:
I had a thought after looking at the Gifs thread. The Helmet Copper is wearing is different than the helmet her wears throughout the movie, and the 2nd cockpit voice is TARS. It might be him in the Ranger crashing on his was to Brand. Woah.

I could be wrong, but when they first encounter NASA this is explained. Romilly starts saying that they have experienced gravitational issues for the past 50 years. The wormhole is one of them. Then Cooper says he once had an issue with his instruments 'above the Straights' or something. This is what is shown at the beginning.

I was only allowed to have 3 nested quotes so I had to start a new one but this is in reply to the present discussion about the first scene
I figured that all the gravitational anomalies on earth were Copper from their future. Copper and the rest of the crew, or maybe the activities in the wormhole caused it. But the crash would have happened on earth. The aircraft looked the same though from the little but we saw. Also doesn't explian TARS voice being there.

One sacrifices himself to conquer time and death for all humanity. A new kingdom is born.

GeniusNolan wrote:
Pretty sure it's a different ship entirely he gets into in the end, and his dream seems like it's cloud he is going through at the start and not water, if it was a dream forshadowing the future they wouldn't talk about it a few times in the movie as something that happened in the past to him

Come to think of it when
he's "kicked" awake from his dream and Murph asks if it was the crash dream, he never directly answers, does he?

If not, perhaps the dream he had and the dream we saw were different.

I just wanted to quickly propose my theory of what happened in regards to people asking the question "if humans have survived to eventually evolve to fifth dimensional beings than why bother to make tessaracts/communicate with coop/murph etc.. And how is it possible for humans to survive with out that advantage"..
well my answer would be that Brandt's mission was the original successful way that humanity was saved, or one of the other scientists first sent to the outer planets with the fertilised eggs. These survived, eventually evolved into the fifth dimensional beings, who simply created the tesseract/communicated with coop as a compassionate act to help save all those people who, first time around, would of simply died on earth, in what would of become, a mass exodus... Very much akin to us present day wanting to stop a massive natural disaster such as tsunami or earthquake etc.. If we had the ability to contact the past..simply to help save lives.

Though it begs the question, surely these fifth dimensional beings would also have the means to work out away to solve the problems on earth that were forcing humans to leave in the first place.. Although if humans never left earth, perhaps that would mean they would never evolve into these fifth dimensional beings, so they may of wanted to ensure that we left, but save as many as possible aswell.

Just my interpretation.

[/quote]
I could be wrong, but when they first encounter NASA this is explained. Romilly starts saying that they have experienced gravitational issues for the past 50 years. The wormhole is one of them. Then Cooper says he once had an issue with his instruments 'above the Straights' or something. This is what is shown at the beginning.
[/quote]
So why did the bulk beings bother to leave the wormhole there 50 years prior? Is there a Significance to that or just an arbitrary number?