How Did Interstellar Affect You?

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
I'll bump this thread next week when everyone's seen it. But for now, Dodd, Lord Shade, and John75... you know what to do. Anyway...

I feel like a truly great film is one that's capable of doing more than just entertaining a viewer, it's instead one that's capable of inspiring a viewer, emotionally impacting them, changing their perspective on a certain subject matter, giving them understanding and wisdom, or even go as far as truly helping someone.

I won't say who, as to honor their privacy, but I had an absolutely great conversation with someone here who expressed how The Dark Knight helped them to overcome their depression, and gave them emotional support during a very, very dark time in their life. This is proof that films, like all forms of art, are far more then just entertainment. They really can act as a source of so many amazing things to a person.

So for those of who you have seen Interstellar... how did the film effect, change, or impact you?
Last edited by MiracleSleeper2 on November 1st, 2014, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

If we talk about Interstellar Effect on me, yes, it definitely is. Let's start with the fact that I went to see this movie for almost 600 kilometers to get to the premiere and see it earlier. Yes, two hours on the bus, four hours on high speed train there and seven hours on a normal train and again two hours by bus back. But it was totally worth it! Although, I think it was primarily Nolan's Effect. Effect of my favorite director.
Yes, Interstellar Effect on me... He gave me to understand that there are much more great things in this world, in this Universe, than matter, power, money and things like that. Feelings like love, desire upward, to high-end, inner philosophy, wishes to develop. Feeling that you belong to humanity as a species. These feelings.
This film tells us: nothing is impossible, you just need to strive, to seek up. But do not forget about those who are dear to us. Their love. Think not only about feelings of us own, but also about the feelings of our loved ones. And fight, fight for them. Fight for what makes us human.
This is a great film about higher, ultimate things. And it made ​​a great effect on me. Giant effect. It really inspires to strive upwards. Inspires a lot. Therefore, the action that the first time I went so far for the sake of the only one film, I think, can be called pre-effect. And the effect itself is... I went there hoping to see something that will give me emotions, tone, inspiration, thoughts and ideas. And it absolutely gave all of its to me.

Indeed Chris Nolan's work had a big impact in my life I discovered his films in 2008. Eversince, I watched and rewatched all of them. One before Inception came out, I was literally obsessed by it. My only dream was meeting him in a theater for his next film. And it happened. I waited a year or so for Interstellar. And I was not disappointed, not one bit (you can check out my review to find out why :D )

But yeah, it has a big impact. It is my source of inspiration; when I see one of his films, I feel joy, pure and intense joy (which is why sometimes I cry for no reason about it :crazy: ) . Somehow it gives me strength and a purpose in life :p

I don't mean to be that guy, but can we change the name of this thread to: "How did Interstellar affect you?"?

:geek:

taylorimpromptu wrote:I don't mean to be that guy, but can we change the name of this thread to: "How did Interstellar affect you?"?

:geek:
This is why I love writing, and not spelling/grammar. :lol:

Thank god for spell check!

Is this nolans most meme inducing movie ?

john75 wrote:...Somehow it gives me strength and a purpose in life :p
:thumbup:

It's really amazing seeing how many films that some people just blow off as mere entertainment, can simultaneously help others in such incredible ways.

Didn't affect me that much tbh. I need another viewing to let it all sink in and grasp all the concepts. When I was watching the movie I was still star struck by the presents of the McC and Nolan Q&A

I cried like a baby. A very powerfull ending IMO.

God, I can't wait to post in this thread later.