How Did Interstellar Affect You?

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
It's been about an hour since I left the theatre and I'm still trying to piece together my thoughts. I should really be sleeping, it's past 1AM and I have to get up for work in less than 5 hours. My second viewing is in about 18 hours though, I think I'll be able to feel less overwhelmed the second time.
Cried like a baby when grown up Murph sent her first message though.

It's been 12 hours since I saw the film and I can't stop thinking about it. It's a remarkable experience. I was 16 or 17 years old when I saw 2001 for the first time.
I'm left with similar emotions; I don't quite understand everything but I know it's very special.

I'll go into full detail later this week, but for now...

Have you ever had one of those film experiences that truly changes you? Well, this was it. Interstellar was by far the most influential movie I've ever watched. It made me reflect on not only my life, but life itself, as well as the nature of love. I'm so thankful for having been able to watch this film.

Interstellar has visualized what it is like to be near a black hole and experience time dilation.
It was an extremely powerful moment for me to see Cooper and Brand board back onto the space station and see Romilly had age some 20 years in exchange for the 2 hours they aged!
That scene alone has reminded me how important not only human fragility is, but also time is extremely precious and something we should never take as granted especially with our loved ones.

Obviously the film has its filmmaking flaws, but I just find myself constantly questioning the concepts brought up by that perfect intersection between science and philosophy. Never before have I seen a movie--hell, an experience--like this, something that literally explores the unknown in such a bold, daring and ambitious fashion. I saw it in 70mm IMAX at 11:30 last night and I guess you could say that I'm still reeling with shock.

BETA. wrote:Interstellar has visualized what it is like to be near a black hole and experience time dilation.
It was an extremely powerful moment for me to see Cooper and Brand board back onto the space station and see Romilly had age some 20 years in exchange for the 2 hours they aged!
That scene alone has reminded me how important not only human fragility is, but also time is extremely precious and something we should never take as granted especially with our loved ones.
When Murph sends the message to Cooper about her being the same age as him, I thought I was going to start balling. You're right, the movie shows just how precious time is.

time as a resource. I cannot live my life the way I have been. :shock: :shock: :shock:

ras_al_deacon wrote:time as a resource. I cannot live my life the way I have been. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Amen! Time is too precious to waste it. Make use of every moment possible.

It made me more emotional than any other Nolan film. And Zimmer's score helped alot.

Got me good. Real good.

Especially the scene when:
He's watching the recordings of his son growing, having a kid. Then the son expresses his resentment saying he's never coming back, & Coop is shaking his head crying, he couldn't even reach out and comfort his kids. My god the feels
Also when:
He walks in to see elder Murph and she says to him "Because my dad promised me" my GOD THE FEELS