Interstellar Countdown Thread

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
I figured for each day, we can post our thoughts and feelings in regards to the 'very' soon to be released epic.

-October 15th - 21 Days to go (Three Weeks)

My thoughts right now are: Wow. It feels like just yesterday the first teaser was released and I was anticipating where I am now in relation to Interstellar's release. I'm confident these next three weeks will fly, and before I know it... the lights will go down in my local Imax theater and I'll be pumped as all hell.

I've been waiting for this movie since the first rumors were floating around in 2007/2008, when it was still a Spielberg picture. Even at the time, it sounded like the sort of movie that I've always wanted to see. Imagine my surprise and delight when it ended up in the hands of a director whose work I had come to deeply respect over the intervening years.

Seriously, it seems like yesterday I was on this site on my phone and the link got posted to someone's Twitter account who had uploaded like 15 seconds of the teaser, where McConaughey is driving away and then the rocket flies up into the sky in the distance, and I was like. HO-LEE. FUCK-ING. SHIT....

thegreypilgrim wrote:I've been waiting for this movie since the first rumors were floating around in 2007/2008, when it was still a Spielberg picture. Even at the time, it sounded like the sort of movie that I've always wanted to see. Imagine my surprise and delight when it ended up in the hands of a director whose work I had come to deeply respect over the intervening years.
Damn, I remember back during that time I was in full-TDK hype mode back on the Super Hero Hype forums, before NF even existed.

I wasn't really aware of who Nolan was at that point, honestly. Despite having seen and enjoyed all of his films. Obviously TDK made me... take notice.

It's been such a long journey! And we are so close

I have growing fear that I will be so overwhelmed on the day of the release that I won't be able to enjoy it. :cry:

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
thegreypilgrim wrote:I've been waiting for this movie since the first rumors were floating around in 2007/2008, when it was still a Spielberg picture. Even at the time, it sounded like the sort of movie that I've always wanted to see. Imagine my surprise and delight when it ended up in the hands of a director whose work I had come to deeply respect over the intervening years.
Damn, I remember back during that time I was in full-TDK hype mode back on the Super Hero Hype forums, before NF even existed.
I remember when Inception and Interstellar were my two most anticipated films back in 2010

This has been my most anticipated film to come out since it was announced back in early 2013, can't believe we are this close, my expectations are so damn high, but that is because it's Nolan, and my favorite film is The Dark Knight, it's the best theater expierence I've ever had, but this I feel will be THE experience, and I'm hoping when I've finally seen it opening night, that I have a new favorite film. - that's how high my expectations are.

In Nolan we Trust!

Twenty days to go!
Rom wrote:Go for a hype engine start. T minus 20

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:Twenty days to go!
Rom wrote:Go for a hype engine start. T minus 20